Roppongi is one of Tokyo’s most famous downtown areas, known for complex facilities such as "Roppongi Hills" and "Tokyo Midtown," making it an indispensable visiting spot for visitors to Japan. Among the accommodations in Roppongi are luxury hotels such as Grand Hyatt Tokyo and the Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo. Located within easy walking distance of the complex facilities, the area is also dotted with many reasonably priced hotels as well, making Roppongi a top choice for anyone staying in Tokyo. Let's check out some of the best picks for hotels in Roppongi!
Roppongi Luxury Hotel: The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo
The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo is a luxury hotel located in one of the Tokyo Midtown skyscrapers. Located on one of the tallest floors, the view from the room is spectacular; guests can even enjoy a view of Mt. Fuji! In the evening, dinner on the top floor is highly recommended. What better way to enjoy fine cuisine than while gazing over the beautifully shining night view of Tokyo?
Japanese and Western dishes and a lounge bar are available. The hotel also has a spa and fitness facilities. Spacious guest rooms over 52 square meters provide guests a luxurious stay.
- Spot name: The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo
- Street address: Tokyo Midtown 9-7-1, Akasaka, Minato-ku, Minato, Tokyo
- From the Toei Oedo Line, get off at "Roppongi Station" and connect directly to the underground passage from Exit 8.
- From the Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line, get off at "Roppongi Station" Exit 4A via the underpass, or Exit 8 to connect directly to the underground passage.
A Space Filled with Comfortable Warmth: Grand Hyatt Tokyo
Grand Hyatt Tokyo in Roppongi Hills is a luxury hotel with convenient access to shops, restaurants, movie theaters, and museums. The 387 refined rooms are furnished with natural materials and offer a warm and comfortable feeling.
Create luxurious moments, enjoying high-quality linens and a spacious bathtub. Services such as Wi-Fi, a gym, a pool, and a jacuzzi, along with various amenities available free of charge. There are 10 restaurants & bars in the hotel, offering a variety of dishes, including French cuisine, sushi and other Japanese fare. How about making a special and luxurious memory in Japan?
- Spot name: Grande Hyatt Tokyo
- Street address: 6-10-3 Roppongi, Minato, Tokyo
- From the Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line, get off at Roppongi Station, Exit 1C and walk for about three minutes.
- From the Toei Oedo Line, get off at Roppongi Station, Exit 3 and walk for about six minutes.
APA Hotel: Pursuing Functionality
APA Hotel Roppongi Ekimae is a reasonably-priced business hotel in a convenient location. All rooms are equipped with 50-inch large screen LCD TV and free Wi-Fi. A double bed with a width of 140 cm makes your stay even more comfortable! Offering a pleasant environment, guests can also have the option of renting of air purifiers and humidifiers, receptacles at the bedside and blackout curtains.
The hotel features restaurant "Wine Bar COMER & TOMAR" where you can have a casual breakfast and other meals. "APA Hotel Roppongi Itchome Ekimae" is also in the vicinity.
- Spot name: APA Hotel Roppongi Ekimae
- Street address: 6-7-8 Roppongi, Minato, Tokyo
- Access: 1 minute on foot from Roppongi Station on the Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line and the Toei Subway Line Oedo Line.
Healing and Relax: The B Roppongi
"The B Roppongi," just one minute on foot from Roppongi Station, is a recommended tourist hotel for those seeking relaxation and easy access to Roppongi Hills, Tokyo Midtown, and the National Art Center. Guest rooms feature a chic and simple design that balance a comfortable environment with functionality. The hotel is fully equipped with free Wi-Fi, and guests can relax comfortably in the lobby, enjoying all-you-can-drink freshly brewed coffee.
- Spot name: The B Roppongi
- Street address: 3-9-8 Roppongi Minato, Tokyo
- About 1 minute on foot from Roppongi Station, Exit 5, on the Toei Oedo Line.
- About 2 minutes on foot from Roppongi Station, Exit 3 on the Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line.
Need place only for Sleep? Stay at First Cabin Nishiazabu
First Cabin Nishiazabu is a capsule hotel (a type of hotel with a bed in a compact, box-shaped space) where you can choose from four types of rooms. Because the capsule hotel is a simple accommodation, by law, it cannot be locked. However, the doorway is separated by a roll screen.
The inside of the building was designed to resemble the first class of airplane, with a luxurious feeling. The area for men and women is divided, so guests can rest in safety. Toilets, bathrooms, and washrooms are shared. Even the simplest rooms are comfortable with a 24-inch TV and safe box. Spaces are compact but recommended for those who want to stay in Roppongi on a budget. There is also an option for those who merely want to take a rest for a couple of hours.
- Spot name: First Cabin Nishiazabu
- Street address: 3-24-20 Nishiazabu, Minato, Tokyo
- A 9 minute walk from Exit 3 of Roppongi Station on the Oedo Line.
- An 8 minute walk from Exit 1a of Roppongi Station on the Hibiya Line.