Though it might be a surprise to many, Shibuya restaurants offer a huge selection of cuisines both classy and inexpensive. Whether you are in the mood for some quick izakaya snacks and drinks or want to experience Michelin Star dining, Shibuya restaurants offers this and so much more!
Restaurants near Shibuya Station
If you don’t want to stray too far from train station, there are plenty of restaurants near Shibuya station to choose from depending on what you are in the mood for. For sushi, we recommend the shops Uobei Sushi and Midori Shibuya, but if you want some good ramen, then Ichiran is also worth a visit.
Uobei Sushi is part of the Genki Sushi chain of conveyor belt sushi restaurants all over Japan. This shop is very popular with locals and tourists for providing unique twists to the normal sushi you would find like: crab cream croquette sushi, cheese hamburger, and many more.
- Spot name: Uobei Sushi Shibuya
- Street address: 2-29-11 Dogenzaka, Shibuya, Tokyo 150-0043
- Access: 5 minutes on foot from Shibuya Station
Umegaoka Sushi no Midori
Known for giving generous portions of ingredients for their sushi, it’s no wonder that this sushi restaurant has a long line every single day. Here, you can select from individual pieces or from their sushi assortment menu. Prices are low when you consider the size of the portions to get, so make sure to bring your appetite.
- Spot name: Umegaoka Sushi no Midori
- Street address: Mark City East 4 F, 1-12-3 Dogenzaka, Shibuya, Tokyo 107-6302
- Access: 3 minutes on foot from Shibuya Station
Famous for their privacy booths, Ichiran has several locations in the Tokyo area, including Shibuya. Here, you can place your order for some delicious ramen which is made just how you want it. You can dine in complete privacy as the chefs work behind the curtains to prepare your meal.
- Spot name: Ichiran
- Street address: Iwamoto Building B1F, 1-22-7 Jinnan, Shibuya, Tokyo 150-0041
- Access: 4 minutes on foot from Shibuya Station
Shibuya Hikarie Restaurants
The best thing is that the order sheet is written in many different languages, so you don’t have to guess to get your order to come out just the way you want it! Ichiran is still very popular though, so make sure to head out early to avoid waiting for long.
- Spot name: Shibuya Hikarie
- Street address: 2-21-1 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-8510
- Access: 2 minutes on foot from Shibuya Station
Where to find good Shibuya Wine, Sushi Dishes, and more!
Connected directly to the underground area of Shibuya station, Shibuya Hikarie restaurants are definitely worth visiting for a wide variety of cuisines and delicacies. The bulk of Hikarie’s restaurants are located on the 6th and 7th floors and range from traditional Japanese dishes, to Italian, barbecue and other delicious types of food.
The restaurant also holds 1 Michelin Star for it’s service and the chef’s experience in the creation of Edomae sushi shows. Reservations are mandatory, and it is best to reserve almost a month in advance to secure your seats.
Although Kurosaki is closed on Wednesdays, they accept only twice a day as follows;
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays have 18:00 and 24:00
- Sundays and Holidays have 17:00 and 20:00.
- Spot name: Kurosaki
- Street address: 1-5-9 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0002
- Access: 7 minutes by foot from Shibuya Station
Great Shibuya Izakayas, Japanese Restaurants, and more!
With so many great restaurants to choose from, it’s no wonder that Shibuya is one of the best places to go for a night out on the town. But if you are in the mood for izakaya, then it is definitely worth taking a walk through Center Gai where you can find many izakaya with delicious appetizers, drinks, and more that await you!
- Spot name: Shibuya Center Gai Shopping Street
- Street address: Udagawacho, Shibuya, Tokyo 150-0042
- Access: 4 minutes by foot from Shibuya Station