Speaking of Saitama, anime fans will surely remember the bald superhero called Saitama from One Punch Man. If you’re in Tokyo, Saitama a prefecture an hour away. It’s almost a waste to skip visiting this beautiful area with plenty to explore.
Things To Do In Saitama Japan
1. All About Trains
The Railway Museum in Omiya is a popular place for adult and kids whether you like trains or not. If you have a family, be sure to bring them here! Kids can play or practice making their own cute ekiben (packed lunch sold in train stations) here too. Entry is 1000 yen for adults and only 500 yen for kids.
- Spot name: Omiya Railway Museum
- Street address: 3-47 Onaricho, Omiya, Saitama, Saitama Prefecture
- Access: One-minute walk from Tetsudo-Hakubutsukan Station.
2. Shop Till You Drop
Shopping centres may be similar to the ones in Malaysia, but this shopping centre sells you well-designed products and unparalleled quality. You can also participate in events such as food fairs, fashion and more.
- Spot name: Cocoon City
- Street address: 4-263-1 Kishikicho, Omiya-ku, Saitama 330-0843, Saitama Prefecture
- Access: An 8-minute walk from Kita-Yono Station (Saikyō Line). It is also accessible from Saitama-Shintoshin Station. Take the East Exit, and the shopping centre should be near.
3. Pray at the Hikawa Shrine
Take the scenic lane from Higawa Ryokuchi Park towards Musashi Ichinomiya Hikawa Shrine, the top Shrine of Musashi. The shrine houses the God of the sea and storms - Susanoo.
- Spot name: Hikawa Shrine
- Street address: 1-407, Takahana-cho, Omiya-ku, Saitama-shi, Saitama, Japan
- Access: Saitama is an hour train ride from Central Tokyo. The nearest station to Hikawa Shrine is Kawagoe Station where you’ll have to switch to a bus ride to reduce walking time. Head to the Kawagoeekihigashiguchi Bus Stop, and take the Kawagoe 06 bus (埼玉医大行 Bus Line) for ten minutes, till the Saibanshomae stop. The shrine is a 2-minute walk away.
4. Walk In Yono Park
Take a walk in the Yono Park! The park opened in the late 1800s. There is a rose garden, and an area for children to play. The beautiful roses bloom in summer, and you can visit during the Rose Festival to partake in the festivities. The festival usually takes place in May, but it is best to check on their website in case of change in schedule.
- Spot name: Yono Park
- Street address: 1 Honmachinishi Chuo-ku, Saitama 338-0004, Saitama Prefecture
- Access: It is a 15-minute walk from Yono Honmachi station (JR Saikyo Line)
Hotels In Saitama Japan
If you have a bit of money to spend, pick a luxurious stay at the Hotel Metropolitan Saitama-Shintoshin. The hotel is well connected to tourist spots and transportation, making it super convenient and also comfortable after a tiring day. A night at the hotel is around 10,000 yen.
- Spot name: Hotel Metropolitan Saitama-Shintoshin
- Street address: 11banchi１ Shintoshin, Chūō-ku, Saitama, Saitama Prefecture 330-0081
- Access: 3-minute walk from Saitama-Shintoshin Station.
Mid-range priced hotels in Saitama such as Toyoko Inn Urawa Misono-eki Higashi-guchi was recently built, and their facilities are spanking new! Not to mention, it is also located near the Urawa-misono Station. A stay for a night at the Toyoko inn is around 6,000 yen.
- Spot name: Toyoko Inn Urawa Misono-eki Higashi-guchi
- Street address: 4-7-1, Misono, Midori-ku, Saitama-city, Saitama 336-0967
- Access: 4-minute walk from the Urawa-misono Station.
Saitama Japan Weather
The weather of Saitama is similar to Tokyo. In summer, it can get blisteringly hot, on rare occasions as hot as 39 degree celcius. The month with the most rainfall is September, followed by June. The best time to visit Saitama is in the Spring (April - June), followed by the chilly Autumn (October - Early November).
Saitama, Japan To Tokyo
It only takes you an hour to get to Saitama-Shintoshin Station from Tokyo Tower.
Kawagoe Saitama Japan
Known as the little Edo of Japan because of the historical architecture, Kawagoe is only a few train stations from Central Tokyo. Visit the Kurazukuri no Machinami or the Warehouse District, a 13-minute walk from Hon-Kawagoe Station to reach the Warehouse District. Or if you’d like to eat some sweets while walking down traditional Japanese street shops, Kashiya Yokocho is a fun place to explore.
If you don’t want to decide where to go yet, you can always take the the Tobu Koedo Loop Bus to see the city’s popular tourist attractions.
- Spot name: Kashiya Yokocho
- Street address: 2 Chome, Motomachi Kawagoe, Saitama Prefecture 350-0062
- Access: A 16-minute walk from Kawagoeshi Station.