Sapporo in Hokkaido is full of delicious gourmet choices ranging from fresh seafood, ramen, sweets and more! There are many restaurants that create dishes from Hokkaido’s unique seasonal ingredients. Among all these food, we will be introducing some Japanese cuisine, sushi and Italian cuisine which are recommended in Sapporo.
Japanese Restaurants in Sapporo
Hokkaido “Kappou” Usagitokame
The restaurant provides a setting where the local Hokkaido cuisine is prepared and set. A cooking technique which is unique to the local region, you can taste the Japanese cuisine which expresses the change of season and subtlety of nature. An opportunity to enjoy the four-season cuisine which can’t be found anywhere but Hokkaido. There may only be eight seats at the counter with a distance where you can hear the sound of the kitchen knife, but this brings you closer to the chef, enabling you to be able to have a closer view of their professional skills.
- Spot name: Usagitokame (北海道割烹うさぎと亀)
- Street address: 7F, Dai-nijusan Keiwa Bldg, Minami 5 jo Nishi 3 chome, Chuo-ku, Sapporo
- Access: 3 minutes of walk from the Susuki Station ( Minami-kita Line)
"Kappou" The Yuuya of the North
A restaurant that is both loved by tourists and locals, the Izakaya is known as "Kappou" The Yuuya of the North provides more than a hundred dishes made from seasonal ingredients. Not to mention, it is located near the Sapporo Station, and you can have meals in private rooms. For seasonal seafood, there are also options for chargrill or sashimi. We also suggest trying the à la carte dishes made from fresh Hokkaido ingredients.
- Spot name: Kita no Yuuya (個室割烹 北のゆうや)
- Street address: B1F, 3-1-5, 3-Jonishi Kita Chuo-Ku Sapporo City.
- Access: Walk for 2 minutes from JR Sapporo Station to reach Yuuya of the North
Sapporo & Sushi Restaurants
Kaisen Jisake Kitamaezushi
A place where you can have authentic sushi, Kaisen Jisake Kitamaezushi is where you can taste the classic sushi made from fresh fishes of a high standard. At the counter seat, you can watch the chefs perform their techniques. Besides the high volume nigiri sushi unique to Hokkaido, you can also try their oshizushi and seafood rice bowls. It truly is a place where you can have a fully satisfactory meal from the brilliance of Hokkaido sushi.
- Spot name: Kaisen Jisake Kitamaezushi (海鮮・地酒 北前鮨)
- Street address: B1F Former Sigma North 3 Building, Ingon Sapporo North 3-st Building, Kita 3-chome west 3-1-5 , Chuo-ku, Sapporo-shi, Hokkaido.
- Access: Walk for 2 minutes from JR Sapporo Station
A restaurant called Gold Sushi (Kinzushi/金寿司) in the residential area of Sapporo is where you can eat beautifully arranged nigirisushi made of seasoned fresh fish. Even without soy sauce, this sushi impart a deep flavour. Whether it be nigirizushi or the steamed egg in a cup, they’re all very delicious, so do make sure to try any of the food here!
- Spot name: Kinzushi (金寿司)
- Street address: 3-1-5 Kita 3-Jo Nishi, Chuo-ku | B1F Sigma Kita 3-Jo Bldg, Chuo, Sapporo 060-0003, Hokkaido
- Access: An 11-minute walk from Bus Center-Mae Station.
Sapporo Italian Restaurant: Osteria EST EST EST
You can hear modern Jazz music flowing from this calming, stylish Italian restaurant. They also have specific wine selections. All meals are made from the start to the end at the restaurant, such as their handmade pasta or their dolce which are made in the classic Italian way. Of course, there are course meals too, and you can have a casual meal here.
- Spot name: Osteria EST EST EST (オステリア エスト エスト エスト)
- Street address: White Cube Sapporo, 1f, 2-4-1 Kita 9 Jonishi, Kita, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060-0809
- Access: A 5-minute walk from the Sapporo Station.
Cool Beer Craft Grano
Large volume beer, basic Neapolitan pizza cooked on a real stove, and you can also order from a wide range of meat that is thoroughly roasted. There are countless delicious items in their menu which match their craft beer.
- Spot name: Cool Beer Craft Grano (クール ビア クラフト グラーノ)
- Street address: 5-31-2 Minami 2 Jonishi, Chuo Ward, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060-0062
- Access：Three minute walk from Nishiyonchome Station (Light Rail Transit)