We're sure if you visit Fukuoka you'll be lining up to try out some ramen, but the actual soul food of Fukuoka is known as "motsunabe". There are various flavors including miso, soy sauce, spicy miso, a mixture of soy sauce and vinegar, and many more variations. In this article, we're going to go into detail about 5 top locations to check out in Hakata to eat motsunabe. How about trying a couple and comparing the different flavors?
Motu Ooyama - DEITOS
A short 1-minute walk from Hakata Station Chikushi Exit. You're able to quickly and easily eat some delicious motsunabe whilst waiting for your next train. There are various flavors including miso, soy sauce, shredded daikon, and much more. You can also enjoy various other popular Hakata food items here.
- Access：2-minute walk from Hakataminami Line JR Hakata Station East 3
: 10-minute walk from Fukuoka City Subway-Kuko Line Gion Station Exit 5
- Address： 1-1 Hakataekichūōgai, Hakata Ward, Fukuoka, 812-0012 Hakata DEITOS１F Horoyoi-dori
- Business Hours：Lunch 11：00 - 15：00 / Dinner 15：00〜23：00
- Holidays： None
- Fee：Motsunabe Miso Flavor 1380 JPY
- Available Payment Methods: Credit Card（VISA,Master,JCB, Diners,AMEX, Discover, UnionPay）
Motsunabe Maedaya Riverside Nakasu Store
This is a motsunabe store where you'll see people lined up to enter almost every day of the week. It uses only the highest quality of Wagyu in its dishes. You can only enjoy other local dishes such as sesame mackerel.
- Access：1-minute walk from Canal City heading towards Nakasu
- Address：3-1 Kamikawabatamachi, Hakata Ward, Fukuoka, 812-0026 Suishabashi Building１F
- Business Hours：11：30〜14：30（Lunch available on Weekends + Public Holidays Only）/ 17：00〜01：00
- Fee：Wagyu Motsunabe Miso Flavor 1,380 JPY
- Available Payment Methods: Credit Card (VISA, Master, AMEX, Diners, JCB、UnionPay) QR Code Payments：PayPay
This uses 4 different types of giblets from cows raised within Japan as well as cabbage, garlic chives, and chicken stock to create a delicious soup before pouring their in-house vinegar and soy sauce over the top to complete the dish. Above the ingredients, you'll find gyoza skins, which can be mixed into the hotpot after it has begun to boil. To finish the dish, you can get some "Champon Noodles". The taste of the noodles which will absorb the various flavors of the dish is really something special.
- Access：2-minute walk from Exit 2 of Gofukumachi Station Fukuoka City Subway-Hakozaki Line
- Address: 7-14 Tsunabamachi, Hakata Ward, Fukuoka, 812-0024
- Business Hours: Weekday 17：00〜23：30
:Sun/Public Holidays 17：00〜22：30
- Holidays：Mondays（In the event that Monday is a public holiday, the following Sunday or Monday will be closed）
- Fee：Motsunabe 1100 JPY（Tax inc.）
- Available Payment Methods: Credit Card（VISA, Master, AMEX, JCB, Diners, Discover）Electronic Money Payments also Available
Ichifuji Hakata Store
At this restaurant, you're able to pick and choose what you include and exclude in your flavorings. The most popular flavor is miso! The dish uses white miso and high-grade meat for a delicious flavor. It's a large scale location with 3 floors and over 140 seats available including private rooms.
- Access：3-minute walk from JR Hakata Station
- Address：2-chōme-4-16 Hakata Ekimae, Hakata Ward, Fukuoka, 812-0011
- Business Hours：Sun〜Thu 17：00〜23：30
: Fri/Sat/3-day Weekends 17：00〜24：00
- Holidays：Irregular（３〜４ Per Year +New Year's Eve, New Year's Day）
- Fee: Motsunabe 1,380 JPY（Must order for 2 or more）
- Available Payment Methods: Credit Card（VISA, Master, AMEX, Diners, JCB）
Shouraku Fukuoka Store
This motsunabe uses ingredients local to Kagoshima and Miyasaki. There are 3 variations being soy sauce, miso, and salted that you can enjoy.
- Access：3-minute walk from Exit 5 of Tenjin-minami Station, Fukuoka City Subway-Nanakuma Line
- Address：11-4 Nishinakasu, Chuo Ward, Fukuoka, 810-0002 Waraku Building １F
- Business Hours：Sat〜Sun 17：00〜24：00
: Sat + Sun 12：00〜15：00 is Lunch Menu
- Fee：Motsunabe Soy Sauce Flavor 1 serving 1,430 JPY (Tax inc.)
- Available Payment Methods: Credit Card（VISA, Master, JCB,AMEX, Diners, UnionPay）PayPay