Sapporo Snow Festival, Hokkaido's biggest winter event, has been decided to be held in 2024! The Sapporo Tourist Association has announced the outline of the "2024 Sapporo Snow Festival (74th)".
What events will be held at the 2024 Sapporo Snow Festival (74th)?
With five large snow sculptures that symbolize the Sapporo Snow Festival as the main attractions, small and medium snow sculptures, citizen snow sculptures, and winter attractions are also planned.
International Snow Sculpture Contest
The International Snow Sculpture Contest is held for the first time in four years. The International Snow Sculpture Contest started in 1974, where teams from countries, regions and cities around the world compete to create snow sculptures. Since it is produced during the snow festival, it is the only event in the Odori Site where you can see the snow sculptures being made up close. The unique snow sculptures are a masterpiece.
For the first time in four years, the Tsudome Site, which is centered on snow experience content, will also be held. Families with children can enjoy playing in the snow, such as slides and snow rafts.
Composition of Odori Site
- 1-chome: Winter attractions, etc.
- 2-chome: Sapporo International Art Festival 2024
- 3-chome: Winter attractions or small and medium snow sculptures
- 4-chome: Large Snow Sculpture
- 5-chome: Large Snow Sculpture
- 6-chome: small and medium snow sculptures, etc.
- 7-chome: Large Snow Sculpture
- 8-chome: Large Snow Sculpture
- 9-chome: small and medium snow sculptures, etc.
- 10-chome: Large Snow Sculpture
- 11-chome: International Snow Sculpture Contest, etc.
- 12-chome: small and medium snow sculptures, etc.
Details of the theme of the large snow sculptures to be produced and other details will be announced at the 2nd Executive Committee Meeting in December. Let's wait for the follow-up report and think about planning a trip to Hokkaido!
2024 Sapporo Snow Festival (74th) Overview
- Period: 8 days from February 4th (Sun) to 11th (Sun/holiday), 2024
- Venue (tentative):
- Odori Site: Odori Nishi 1-chome to Nishi 12-chome, Chuo-ku, Sapporo City, Hokkaido
- Tsudome Site (Sapporo sports exchange facility Tsudome): 885-1 Sakaecho, Higashi-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido
- Susukino Site (Ekimae-dori): South 4-jo Street, Chuo-ku, Sapporo-shi, Hokkaido - South 7-jo Street