Fukuoka, the largest city in Kyushu, has a variety of accommodations ranging from luxury hotels to reasonably-priced guesthouses. Most of them are built in the Hakata and Tenjin / Nakasu area. Here, we will introduce recommended hotels where you can fully enjoy local gourmets and attractions, focused on these two areas.
Hakata Area Filled with Lots of Hotels
In the Hakata area, there are stations that can be used for both Shinkansen and conventional lines. For this reason, Fukuoka City has the most hotels, with facilities ranging from reasonably-priced inns to luxury hotels.
"Hotel Nikko Fukuoka" Directly connected to the Station
Hotel Nikko Fukuoka is directly connected to Hakata Station via an underpass and is a good location 3 minutes on foot from the station. Guest rooms include single and twin, double and Japanese-style rooms, and suites with different designs and sizes. There are many shopping malls and restaurants in the vicinity, making it convenient for shopping and eating out.
In addition, there are plenty of restaurants and bars in the hotel, so you can taste a variety of dishes. For breakfast, we recommend a buffet of the café restaurant “Selina” where you can enjoy local dishes such as chicken dishes, as well as a classic Western food menu. It is a hotel that is perfect as a base for traveling in Fukuoka.
- Spot name: Hotel Nikko Fukuoka
- Spot address: 18-25, Hakata Station, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka 812-0011
- Access: Fukuoka Airport → [Subway] 5 minutes → Hakata Station ... 3 minutes on foot.
- Wi-Fi: Available
- Language: English, Korean, Chinese
- Credit cards: JAL, JCB, VISA, Diners, UC, DC, AMEX, UnionPay, ALI PAY
Fukuoka's Largest Downtown and Gourmet Town “Tenjin / Nakasu Area”
Tenjin is the area with the best downtown in Fukuoka with its commercial facilities, restaurants and street stalls. The stalls along the Nakasu River are also representative spots of Fukuoka. Various accommodation facilities such as luxury hotels and guesthouses are gathered in this area.
"Hotel Okura Fukuoka" Famous For Great Customer Service
Conveniently connected to the station, Hotel Okura Fukuoka is a hotel with 8 restaurants, a bar, a gym, and a swimming pool. The rooms are comfortable with the finest beds. In addition, you can drink fresh local beer at the restaurants, made at an underground beer brewery that can only be found here.
For breakfast, we recommend a buffet with excellent dishes such as Hakata specialties and omelets. What makes them even more great is the quality of service you will receive. This is a hotel where you can spend a high-quality time.
- Spot name: HOTEL OKURA FUKUOKA
- Spot address: 3-2 Shimokawabata, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka 812-0027
- Access: Fukuoka Airport → [Subway] about 9 minutes → Nakasu Kawabata Station… about 2 minutes on foot.
- Hakata Station → [Subway] approx. 3 minutes → Nakasu Kawabata Station direct connection… Approximately 2 minutes on foot.
- Wi-Fi: Available
- Language: English, Korean
- Credit cards: AMEX / DINERS / VISA / JCB / DC / UC / UFJ / Nicos / ORICOJAL / SAISON / Takashimaya / Rakuten / TS Cubic / Ginren Card / Yoka pay / Rakuten Pay / LINE pay / ALIPAY
Hotel Gran View Fukuoka Airport near Fukuoka Airport
There are several hotels near Fukuoka Airport, which is convenient for moving to other areas around Fukuoka, including Hotel Gran View Fukuoka Airport. Useful for early morning departures and late arrivals.