Made in Japan product is of high quality. The price is high but it gives a sense of security. It is a “luxurious” life rooted in Japan culture where high-quality fruit is given as a gift from long ago. In Japanese cuisine, fruits are treated as ‘sweets’ or desserts. Recently, there are also foreigners who ordered Japanese fruits after returning to their country. This time, we will take peach, which is treated as dessert from its fragrance, as an example to approach the charm of Japanese fruits!
Difference between peach from Japan and Southeast Asia or China
Japanese peaches are juicy and characterized by the smooth texture. It is intrigued by rounded plump and sweet scent. Unlike the European food culture that processes fruits, Japanese like to eat as it is. So, Japanese pursue a sweeter sugar content, color and beauty of the shape. The variety and the quality are very high thanks to the unstinted effort of manufacturers. Since peach is easily damaged, it is wrapped in a fruit cap and sold even if it is not for gifts. Peach was originated from China and spread to Persia, Greece and Rome following the Silk Road. There is a peach in China called Saturn peach which is very sweet.
How to eat peaches deliciously
First of all, we learn how to choose delicious peaches. It must be bilaterally symmetrical, well-shaped and color is beautiful. It has a strong fragrance and there is fuzz on the whole skin, and the color covered until the axis (branch) without scratches.
Cool it in a refrigerator for about two hours and then wash it with cold water. After wiped off moisture, place the knife at the groove and cut around the seed. Next, twist the peach lightly with both hands to divide it into two, and extort the seed. When peeling off the skin, peel off from the part of the butt heading to the part where the branch was attached. You can peel it off even by hands for soften peaches.
Peach has higher sugar content at the butt (bottom fruit part), so cut into vertical comb form, start from the branch side when you eat, and you will feel sweet till the end.
※There are freestone and clingstone type depending on the breed of peach.
The recommendation of commercial farmer for the most delicious way of eating peach is thoroughly washing to drop off the fuzz and eat it as a whole without peeling off the skin.
Enjoy plenty of peach taste by Cooking!
Raw Peach smoothie
- Peach (ripe one) 1 piece
- Milk 100 cc
- Plain yogurt 100 g
- Honey 1 tablespoon (10 g)
- Remove the peach skin and seed and cut it.
- Place all the ingredients in a mixer and mix until smooth.
- Adjust amount of honey depending on sweetness of peach.
- Peach 1 piece
- Water 200ml
- Sugar 50 g
- Lemon juice 1/2 teaspoon
- Gelatin powder 3g
- Hot water 3 tablespoon
- Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
- Peel off peach skin and extort the seed.
- Put the peach, water, sugar, lemon juice in a saucepan and boil it for 2 to 3 minutes under low heat.
- Store in another container and keep it cool for half a day in refrigerator.
- Melt gelatin powder with hot water.
- Mix the peach and no.3 juice 100ml with a blender until even.
- Add lemon juice and gelatin to no.5 and mix well, transfer it to a container and put it in a refrigerator and done!
It will look trendier if decorate with peach cuts or whip cream as you desired.
Plantation where peach picking is possible and its season
Area: Suburb of Tokyo
- Yamanashi Prefecture
- Period: mid-June to August
- Address: 2281-1 Iino, Minami Alps City, Yamanashi Prefecture
- English communication is possible
Area: Osaka suburbs
- Okayama Prefecture
- Period: July to September
- Address: 218-1 Kamiichi, Akaiwa-shi, Okayama-ken
- Chinese, Korean, English website available
- Address: 1077 Nibori Higashi, Akaiwa-shi, Okayama Prefecture
- Chinese · English website available
Area: Fukuoka suburb
- Period: July to August
- Address: 777-2, Miharu, Ukiha-cho, Ukiha-shi, Fukuoka Prefecture
- English correspondence is available
Refer FUKUOKA NOW
- English・Korean・Chinese is available