Amakusa, Kumamoto, is a region blessed with rich natures such as the sea and green trees. On the sea, you can enjoy a cruising trip or watch some dolphins. Also, you can visit the World Culture Heritage Sites of the Hidden Christians which are very famous among tourists. In this article, we would like to introduce you to hotels that will let you enjoy the activities above to the fullest!
Hotels in Amakusa that brims with hospitality
Starting from Uejima and Shimojima, Amakusa consists of 120 islands. The hotels and ryokan (Japanese Style inns) are located mainly in Uejima and Shimojima, and each place will make your stay in Amakusa enjoyable and everlasting.
Amakusa Prince Hotel, Famous for early morning strolls
Amakusa Prince Hotel is located near the sea. What's special with this hotel is that it provides walking courses, guided by the staffs there. There are plenty of courses available and it will let you be in contact with Amakusa's nature and history.
The deliciousness of the food is also one of its charm point. From moray eels to abalone, they serve Umi no Ko (lit. the joy of the sea, dishes with seafood) and Yama no Ko (lit. the joy of the mountains, dishes with ingredients from the mountain), providing you a dining experience you cannot have anywhere else. Besides that, the plan that lets you watch the dolphins is also recommended.
- Spot Name：Amakusa Prince Hotel
- Address：92, Higashimachi, Amakusa City, Kumamoto Prefecture, postal code 863-0033
- Access：1 hour from Kumamoto Station to Misumi Station, 1 hour from Misumi Port to Honto Port, and walk for 9 minutes. 2 hours by bus from Kumamoto Station , getting of at Honto Bus Centre, and walk for 15 minutes. 13 minutes by car from Amakusa Airport
Amakusa Santa Coming Hotel, a hotel with the kindness of Santa Claus
Amakusa Santa Coming Hotel is a hotel which hospitality of the staff is based on the kindness of a Santa Claus. The rooms are furnished with mainly white-coloured items, making it a space that is very calming. Inside the building, there are objects related to Santa Claus and Christmas trees placed in a n around the building, making it a jolly place that will cheer anyone up, just like Christmas.
On top of that, the chefs will also craft your food from the seasonal ingredients of Amakusa and cast magic upon it just like what Santa does every Christmas, bringing forth the merry and happy feeling out of everyone. It is truly like Christmas everyday here.
- Spot name：Amakusa Santa Coming Hotel
- Address：74-3, Kamegawa, Kamebamachi, Amakusa City, Kumamoto Prefecture, postal code 863-0043
- アクセス：1 hour from Kumamoto Station to Misumi Station, 1 hour from Misumi Port to Honto Port, and walk for 15 minutes. 2 hours 24 minutes form Kumamoto Kotsu Center by bus, getting off at Amakusa Chuo Sogo Byoin Mae, and walk for 10 minutes. 15 minutes by car from Amakusa Airport
Amakusa Tenku no Fune, Known for Ocean View Rooms
In Amakusa Tenku no Fune, it feels like you are riding on a luxurious passenger ship that faces the beautiful sky of Amakusa. You can gaze at the sceneries from the pool located on its wooden deck. Also, every guest room has an ocean view. From the terrace, you can relax inside the open-air baths while seeing the beautiful ocean and sea.
Also, in the restaurant where you can feel free, they serve a variety of carefully selected Amakusa's seafood, a mysterious local chicken, and vegetables that are crafted into authentic Italian dishes. With everything, it is a hotel where you can spend the perfect time of your life.
- Spot Name：Amakusa Tenku no Fune
- 住所：5984-2, Aitsu, Matsushima Town, Amakusa City, Kumamoto Prefecture, postal code 861-6102
- アクセス：1 hour from Kumamoto Station to Misumi Station on the JR Line, 15 minutes by boat from Misumi Port to Matsushima Port. 90 minutes by express bus from Kumamoto Kotsu Center to Hondo, getting off at Maejima. 60 minutes by car from Amakusa Airport
Hotel Ryugu, where you can gaze at the beautiful sea of Amakusa while bathing
A hotel that will relieve your fatigue from travelling by its scenery and exquisite food. In its observatory baths and private open-air baths, you can enjoy having your tiredness relieved while peering through one of the Japanese Chosen Sunsets.
There are various types of room, starting from the room where you can see the sea from your half-open air baths. Every room gives out a chic and calming atmosphere to it. You can also savor the dishes which are made by using plenty of Amakusa's produce. This is truly a hotel where you can enjoy a totally different experience than your daily routine.
- Spot name：Hotel Ryugu
- Address：6136, Aitsu, Matsushima Town, Kami Amakusa Town, Kumamoto Prefecture, 861-6102
- アクセス：60 minutes from Kumamoto Station to Misumi Station, 15 minutes by boat from Misumi Port to Matsushima Port. 90 minutes by express bus from Kumamoto Kotsu Center to Hondo, getting off at Maejima and walk for 3 minutes. 60 minutes by car from Amakusa Airport.