Sendai has many gourmet and tourist attractions to explore, but there are also many places for shopping where you can buy fashion clothes, sundries and souvenirs from the area! Here are some recommended shopping spots in the city of Sendai.
The shopping center directly connected to Sendai Station: S-PAL SENDAI
S-PAL SENDAI is a shopping center directly connected to Sendai Station with more than 300 stores. There are shops for fashion clothes, household goods and gourmet food. There are also abundant restaurants that serve Sendai's gourmets or gourmets of the Tohoku region. You should check the many great restaurants here, especially those serving beef tongues, fresh seafood (sushi) and local specialty food. In addition, shopping areas such as "EKICHIKA Souvenir" and "Souvenir & Bento", where you can buy souvenirs from Sendai or the Tohoku region, are also recommended.
- Spot name: S-PAL SENDAI
- Street address: 1-1-1 Chuo, Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi
- Access: Directly connected to Sendai Station
Close to Sendai Station: Sendai's Shopping Arcade
"Sendai's Shopping Arcade" is the common name for the six shopping arcades north of Sendai Station West Exit. There are a variety of stores such as restaurants, Sendai's souvenir shops, fashion shops and household goods stores, where Sendai's specialties can be enjoyed. Above all, "Clis Road" is the most attractive one. It has more than 100 shops, including restaurants that serve Sendai's gourmet food such as beef tongue and sasa-kamaboko.
- Spot name: Sendai's Shopping Arcade
- Street address: 2-1-30 Chuo, Aoba-ku, Sendai 〒980-0021
- Access: About a 3-minute walk from Sendai Station West Exit
Food ingredients in Miyagi Prefecture: Sendai Morning Market
Sendai Morning Market is a food market where you can buy fresh meat, seafood, vegetables and fruits from Miyagi Prefecture. There are about 70 shops of which many open from 8:00 to 18:00. In addition, Sendai Morning Market also has restaurants and food stores that offer dishes made from the market's food products. As there are food stores which sell take-outs, it is recommended to eat and walk while enjoying the atmosphere of the market.
- Spot name: Sendai Morning Market
- Street address: 4-3-28 Chuo, Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi 〒980-0021
- Access: About a 7-minute walk from Sendai Station West Exit
The largest outlet in Tohoku: Mitsui Outlet Park Sendai Port
Mitsui Outlet Park Sendai Port is the largest outlet in Tohoku with about 120 shops from all around the world. Besides shopping at brand-name stores, there is a food court where you can enjoy local cuisine. Souvenir shops with local products and a ferris wheel about 50m high are also available for tourists to enjoy.
Mitsui Outlet Park Sendai Port can be accessed directly by a sightseeing bus which links Sendai Airport, Matsushima, Hanamaki Onsen and the port itself. It takes approximately 35 minutes if you go from Sendai Airport and the fare is 500 yen. We recommended you to take this bus because it is cheaper and faster than the train.
- Spot name: Mitsui Outlet Park Sendai Port
- Street address: 3-7-2 Nakano, Miyagino-ku, Sendai, Miyagi
- Access: Approximately a 8-minute walk from JR Senseki Line "Nakano Sakae Station" / Take Iwate-kenpoku bus at Sendai Airport "No. 2 bus stop" and arrive in approximately 35 minutes