If you are going to Osaka for a family trip, there are some things you should take a look at, such as interesting activities and Japanese-style scenery. If you want to have an unforgettable trip to Osaka that the whole family can enjoy, check these out!
Recommended Spots for a Family Trip to Osaka
Osaka is the largest city in western Japan. It is also one of the largest commercial cities in Japan, and is lively all-year round. If you are taking a family trip to Osaka, you can’t miss the following places.
Universal Studios Japan
At Universal Studios Japan, which opened in 2001, you can enjoy attractions that are unique to Japan, such as famous anime "Attack on Titan" and "Evangelion".
- Spot name: Universal Studio Japan
- Street address: 2-chōme-1-33 Sakurajima Konohana-ku, Osaka
- Access: Get off at JR Nishi Nihon Yume Saki Line Sakurajima Line Universal City Station, short walk from there
Osaka Castle and Osaka Castle Park
At Osaka, not only are there just activities, but there are also fulfilling places where you can experience Japanese history and culture. Built by Toyotomi Hideyoshi and remodeled by Mr. Tokugawa during the Edo period, Osaka Castle is one of Japan’s historical castles. At Osaka Castle and Osaka Castle Park, you can enjoy beautiful scenery unique to Japan.
- Spot name: Osaka Castle Park
- Street address: 1-1 Ōsakajō Chūō-ku, Osaka
- Access: Get off at JR Osaka Loop Line Osakajokoen Station, short walk from there
Osaka’s Family Restaurants
Recommended restaurants for family trips to Osaka should be places where you can really experience the fun of Osaka.
Tastes you should Enjoy at Osaka: Kushikatsu
“Kushikatsu Daruma Shinsaibashi”, located in Shinsaibashi, a representative downtown area of Osaka, is a restaurant where you can enjoy the Osaka taste with your family. Kushikatsu is a typical soul food in Osaka, along with Takoyaki and Okonomiyaki.
- Spot name: Kushikatsu Daruma Shinsaibashi
- Street address: 1-5-17 Shinsaibashisuji Chūō-ku, Osaka
- Access: Get off at Osaka Metro Nagahoribashi Station, an 8-minute walk from there
Hotel in Downtown Osaka
"HOTEL THE FLAG Shinsaibashi" is located in the center of Osaka: Shinsaibashi. There are many rooms where families can stay, including a 4-person 1-room deluxe twin and a 3-person 1-room economy triple. A pool and a gym are available and should ease your tiredness after a long trip. Also includes free Wi-Fi.
- Spot name: HOTEL THE FLAG Shinsaibashi
- Street address: 1-chōme-18-31 Higashishinsaibashi Chūō-ku, Osaka
- Access: Get off at Osaka Metro Midosuji Line Shinsaibashi Station, 3-minute walk from there / Get off at Osaka Metro Sakaisuji Line Nagahoribashi Station, 4-minute walk from there
Accessibility from Osaka International Airport
A limousine bus is the most convenient way to get from Osaka International Airport to Osaka city. During the daytime, it operates at one bus per 15-minute interval, for less than 1,000 yen, and along with, of course, sightseeing spots, there is also a direct limousine bus to Universal Studios Japan. There are other ways to go such as the city bus, Osaka Monorail, and train, and you can get out to downtown Osaka in less than an hour.