Matcha powder can be used to make all sorts of things, so let’s try making pudding this time. This easy recipe does not involve cooking, so even children can make it safely. This is a lightly sweetened recipe bursting with the rich flavor of matcha, but if you prefer a sweeter version, just add a couple of tablespoons of condensed milk.
Ingredients (for 3 servings)
- Milk 150cc
- Fresh cream 100cc
- Condensed milk 2 tablespoons
- Matcha powder 1 teaspoon
- Gelatin powder 5g (You can substitute with agar)
- Water 2 tablespoons
- Mix and dissolve the gelatin powder in water. It will dissolve quicker when microwaved on 600W for about 20 seconds.
- Combine the condensed milk and matcha powder. Make sure to break up any lumps of matcha.
- Pour in the milk in 2 or 3 portions.
- Add the dissolved gelatin from step 1.
- Add the fresh cream.
- Pour the mixture into a container and cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil, leave it to cool and place in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours.
- Decorate with red azuki beans or sweet black soybeans, and enjoy.