Jozankei Onsen is one of Hokkaido's leading spa towns, about one hour from Sapporo City center. The city has a long history; in 1866, a monk discovered a hot spring in this area and began a settlement, where he started a health resort aimed at curing diseases and healing wounds. The surrounding area is enriched by sightseeing spots such as dams and ski areas. Here are some recommended hotels near Jozankei Onsen.
Tastefully Refined Guest Rooms: Jozankei Daiichi Hotel Suizantei
Jozankei Daiichi Hotel Suizantei is a Japanese-style hotel with lush greenery and a quaint atmosphere. It is conveniently located for exploring spa towns. Guest rooms are sophisticated, with half of the rooms equipped with their very own hot spring bath. You’ll find spacious rooms suitable for various occasions, such as Western-style rooms and Japanese-style room. Dining at the hotel are centers around lunch. Meals include select seasonal ingredients, seafood direct from the fishing port of Hokkaido, and agricultural products from nearby local areas.
- Spot name: Jozankei Daiichi Hotel Suizantei
- Street address: 105 Jozankei Onsen, Minami-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido
- Access: About 20 minutes from JR Sapporo Station by subway. Get off at Makomanai Station and ride the bus for approximately 40 minutes until you reach Daiichi Hotel Mae.
Water Amusement: Jozankei View Hotel
Jozankei View Hotel is a spa resort hotel with a giant water amusement facility. Rooms offer a comfortable space to relax, allowing guests the chance to watch the beautiful nature of Jozankei right from their window. There are various types of rooms such as Japanese-style, Western-style, and a hybrid of the two. As for hot springs, a spacious public bath and another large public bath with a view of Jozankei can be enjoyed from the top floor of the hotel, 60 meters above the ground. A choice of two buffet restaurants, and a quaint, hospitable restaurant offering kaiseki ryori (a Japanese course meal), are tailored to the taste of the guests. You can taste a variety of dishes featuring the finest seasonal ingredients.
- Spot name: Jozankei View Hotel
- Street address: 2 chome Jozankei Onsen higashi, Minami Ward, Sapporo, Hokkaido
- Access: About 50 minutes by a free bus from Sapporo city.
Featuring Wide Open-Air Bath: Jozankei Grand Hotel Zuien
Jozankei Grand Hotel Zuien is located on a hill overlooking the valley and features a open-air bath boasting the largest size in Jozankei. A variety of rooms are available to suit various needs, including Western-style, Japanese-style, and hybrid rooms. Guests can enjoy watching the beautiful valley of Jozankei from their own room. There are rooms that come with with an open-air bath available. The hotel features hot springs and open-air baths where you can enjoy while watching natural scenery. In winter, you can leisurely enjoy a warm hot spring overlooking the snowy landscape. Meals are offered buffet-style. The hotel has a commitment to cuisine, using an extensive selection of ingredients collected from all over Hokkaido. You can eat deep-fried foods, as well as taste freshly-made dishes.
- Spot name: Jozankei Grand Hotel Zuien
- Street address: 4 -chome 328 Jozankei Onsen, Minami-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido
- Access: It takes about 90 minutes by bus from JR Sapporo station. Get off at "Jozankei Shako Mae."
The View of Jozankei is Beautiful: Jozankei Manseikaku Hotel Milione
"Jozankei Manseikaku Hotel Milione," surrounded by the nature of Jozankei, features simple, clean, comfortable rooms, in both Japanese and Western styles. Among the variety of rooms offered, there is also a large room for families and groups. If you love hot springs, you can take your time experiencing five kinds of indoor baths such as the jacuzzi and an open-air bath with a view of the mountains. For meals, you can dine on cuisine featuring ingredients from Hokkaido at the buffet offering roughly 80 kinds of dishes, prepared Japanese, Western, and Chinese-style. Guests choose meals that best suit their experience, such as providing kaiseki ryori in your room.
- Spot name: Jozankei Manseikaku Hotel Milione
- Street address: 3-chome Jozankei Onsen Higashi, Minami-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido
- Access: Approximately an hour and a half by bus from JR Sapporo station. Get off at the Jozankei stop and it will be about 1 minute on foot.