Once you step in to Disneyworld, you may think that you don't want go home, thankfully Tokyo DisneySea® has very a nice hotel where you can stay and enjoy the park from the morning to late at night. Tokyo DisneySea® is popular not only among the kids but also among the adults because they can enjoy the romantic scenes that you can find throughout the park. This is exactly the place you wouldn’t want to miss while you’re touring Japan.
Tokyo DisneySea® Themed Areas
There are seven themed areas in Tokyo DisneySea®: Mediterranean Harbor, American Waterfront, Port Discovery, Lost River Delta, Arabian Coast, Mermaid Lagoon, and Mysterious Island. They each have their own unique landscape and make you feel different things in each area, but of course you cannot leave here without trying some rides. We'd like to introduce the most recommended rides from each area, according to a FUN! JAPAN Team Member who has visited Tokyo DisneySea® more than 20 times in her life! Let's check them together!
Tokyo DisneySea® Rides
Tower of Terror from American Waterfront
Just ride on the elevator. That's all. You can see the nice view of Tokyo DisneySea® from the top, especially the night view is incredibly beautiful. Why terror? Simply because, the elevator you’re riding will fall down extremely fast from the top. You cannot ride it without screaming, but it’s worth trying it!
Turtle Talk from American Waterfront
A theatre-type attraction that you can have a fun conversation with Crush the sea turtle! He sees you in real time and replies to your question there. It would be a memorable moment for your Japan trip. However, you may have to learn some Japanese words to converse with him.
Nimo and Friends SeaRider from Port Discovery
Once you have boarded the Sea Rider, you will be shrunk to the size of a fish. You can meet a lot of different ocean creatures from the same point of view as Nemo and Dory. Not only kids but even the adults can enjoy this wonderful world!
Indiana Jones (R) Adventure: Temple of the Crystal Skull from Lost River Delta
Do you remember Paco, a friend of Dr. Indiana Jones? He will guide you the temple and you will experience exactly what you saw in the movie! Very exciting, very thrilling and a bit romantic.
Sindbad's Storybook Voyage from Arabian Coast
Riding a boat sailed by Sindbad and his sailors, you will explore the Arabian Coast to find a great treasure. If you are really a huge fan of Disney, you will notice that the music here was written by Disney song writing legend, Alan Menken.
Jumpin' Jellyfish from Mermaid Lagoon
Ride on these unique shells with jellyfish on the top and float up and down under the ocean waters. Very mysterious and fun at the same time! They are not moving so fast, so kids can enjoy as well.
Journey to the Center of The Earth from Mysterious Island
Not just a roller coaster but this is the ride you can experience the volcano and the nice view of Disney-Sea at the same time. Once you try it, you may want to try it again and again. To ensure a shorter wait at the rides, make use of the Fastpass which is available for most of the popular rides.
To ensure a shorter wait at the rides, make use of the Fastpass which is available for most of the popular rides.
Tokyo DisneySea Hotel Miracosta
Located near the entrance of Tokyo DisneySea®, Tokyo DisneySea Hotel Miracosta will make your dreams come true! After spending exciting and fun times at Disney-Sea, you can go straight to your room in the hotel and still enjoy the continuation of the dream. Also, you can have a nice view of the park and Tokyo Bay from your room.
Tokyo DisneySea® Tickets
There are several types of tickets available at Tokyo DisneySea®;
- One-day Passport; 7,400 yen (adult), 6,400 yen (junior aged 12-17) or 4,800 yen (for kids aged 4-11)
- 2-Day Passport (Enjoy Tokyo Disneyland® and Tokyo DisneySea® on 2 consecutive days.);13,200 yen (adult), 11,600 yen (junior aged 12-17) or 8,600 yen (for kids aged 4-11)
- 3-Day Magic Passport (Enjoy Tokyo Disneyland® and Tokyo DisneySea® on 3 consecutive days.);17,800 yen (adult), 15,500 yen (junior aged 12-17) or 11,500 yen (for kids aged 4-11)
- 4-Day Magic Passport (Enjoy Tokyo Disneyland® and Tokyo DisneySea® on 4 consecutive days.);22,400 yen (adult), 19,400 yen (junior aged 12-17) or 14,400 yen (for kids aged 4-11)
- Starlight Passport (For use from 3 p.m. on weekends and holidays); 5,400 yen (adult), 4,700 yen (junior aged 12-17) or 3,500 yen (for kids aged 4-11)
- After 6 Passport (For use from 6 p.m. on weekdays); 4,200 yen (for all ages)
You can buy the tickets either at the booth or online at their official site. We recommend buying it earlier because it’s better than lining up on the day you would like to visit. Admissions to the theme park stops an hour before closing time.
Tokyo DisneySea® Opening Hours
From 8.00am to 10.00pm
*Depending on the event they hold.
- Spot name: Tokyo DisneySea®
- Street Address: 1-1 Maihama, Urayasu, Chiba 279-0031
- Access: Within walking distance from Maihama Station on JR (Japan Railway) Keiyo Line / Musashino Line. Despite being called Tokyo DisneySea®, the theme park is located in Chiba, around an hour of train ride away from Central Tokyo.