How to make fluffy chocolate mousse? Super easy recipe with just 2 ingredients♪
February means Valentine's Day. It is celebrated as "a day when one expresses their love to that one special person" all over the world. In Japan, it is common for women to give chocolates to men. In recent years, various new customs have emerged, such as "giri-choco" (義理チョコ - obligatory chocolate), which is widely given to male acquaintances who are not in a romantic relationship, such as co-workers, classmates at school, and friends. Meanwhile, "tomo-choco" (友チョコ - chocolate given to friend) is given between friends, and "honmei-choco" (本命チョコ - chocolate given out of genuine sentiment), is given to the person you are interested in.
In February, we will have more opportunities to eat chocolate than usual, so this time we will introduce how to make fluffy chocolate mousse using high cacao chocolate. You can easily make a fluffy chocolate mousse with just an egg and a bar of high cocoa chocolate. Be sure to check the recipe when making your own!
Before introducing the recipe, let's learn the nutritional effects of high cocoa chocolate!
Nutritional benefits of high cocoa chocolate
One of the most representative ingredients in chocolate is "cocoa polyphenols", which are antioxidants. Effects such as "lowering blood pressure", "preventing arteriosclerosis", and "anti-aging" can be expected from consumption. Of course, high cocoa chocolate containing a lot of cocoa also contains a lot of cocoa polyphenols.
Well, now that the explanation of high cacao chocolate is out of the way, let's see how to make fluffy chocolate mousse right away!
Here is the video (with cc subtitles)👇👇👇
Chocolate mousse ingredients
- 2 eggs
- High cocoa chocolate bar... 1 bar
- Cocoa powder…appropriate amount
- Powdered sugar...appropriate amount
- Blueberries…appropriate amount
How to make chocolate mousse
- Crack the chocolate bar with your hands and put it in a bowl.
- Boil and dissolve the chocolate.
- Separate the eggs into whites and yolks.
- Whip the whites with a hand mixer (whisk). The meringue is complete once stiff peaks are formed.
- Strain the yolks through a strainer and add them to the chocolate.
- Mix well with a rubber spatula.
- Put 1/3 of the meringue in a container and mix well with a rubber spatula.
- Mix the remaining meringue, 1/3 each at a time.
- Pour into any container of your preference.
- Cool and harden in the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder and powdered sugar if desired, top with blueberries and voila!