“Takoyaki” is popular not only in Japan but also overseas. It's round and fluffy, the fillings are plenty, and the combination of sauce and mayonnaise makes it irresistible!
In Japan, many families make takoyaki at home, and the home takoyaki maker has created many delicious recipes other than takoyaki. This time, I will introduce how to make "bite-sized omelet rice" that is bite-sized, cute and easy to make! It's perfect for lunch or when you're feeling a little hungry.
Let's challenge ketchup art with your own sense by drawing hearts, smiles, etc. with ketchup!
Here is the recipe video (with cc subtitles)👇👇👇
Ingredients for bite-sized omelet rice (for 2 servings)
- Rice: 200g
- Bacon: 4-5 slices
- Broccoli: Appropriate amount
- Salt and pepper: Appropriate amount
- Ketchup: 2 tbp
- Egg: 2 eggs
- Salad oil (for coating) 2 tsp
- Parsley (dried): Appropriate amount
- Mayonnaise: Appropriate amount
*You can use whatever ingredients you like, so please enjoy arranging your own recipe with the items you like.
How to make bite-size omelet rice
- Coarsely chop the bacon and broccoli.
- Put rice, bacon, broccoli, ketchup, salt and pepper in a heat-resistant bowl, mix them well, then cover the bowl with wrapping. Heat them in a 600W microwave oven for 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Mix well, wrap, and heat again in a 600W microwave oven for 1 minute to complete the ketchup rice.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, beat and strain through a sieve.
- Apply salad oil to the heated takoyaki maker.
- Pour in the strained eggs half way up and add the ketchup rice.
- Once the egg has hardened, use a bamboo skewer or toothpick to flip it over to give it a round shape.
- Serve on a plate, sprinkle with ketchup, mayonnaise, and parsley if desired, and enjoy.