Teriyaki dishes are known as one cooking technique used in Japanese cuisine, but have you ever heard of teriyaki-style stuffed meat dishes? It's delicious and easy to make, even for beginners. Let's cook!
Ingredients of Teriyaki Stuffed Bell Peppers (2 servings)
4 Bell Peppers
*Oyster sauce mixture
- 1/2 tbsp of oyster sauce and 1/2 tbsp of vinegar
- 2 tbsp of mirin (sweet cooking rice wine)
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of water
- 200 g ground pork (or chicken)
- 1/2 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp grated garlic
- 3 tbsp bread crumbs
*Flour, as needed
*2 tbsp of salad oil
Preparation: Stir together the ingredients needed for an oyster sauce mixture.
- Combine the stuffed ingredients in a bowl and knead them until well-combined. Roughly roll the mixture into a ball.
☆Tip : Kneading the mixture until you can lift it up in one piece helps prevent the juices from escaping and the meat from shrinking.
- Cut the bell pepper in half vertically, then remove the seeds.
- Transfer the peppers to a plastic bag and pour 2 tablespoons of flour over the top. Close the mouth and shake the bag to coat the peppers evenly with the flour.
- Place 1/8 of the stuffles in each pepper. Be sure to press with fingers to avoid gaps. Fill them all the way to the corners and make a slight dent in the center of each pepper.
☆Tip : If the peppers and the stuffed are firmly adhered, they will not come off easily while being cooked.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon salad oil in a frying pan over low-medium heat then stir-fry the meat stuffing. When it is cooked, pour the oyster sauce over the stuffle in a circular motion while turning it over gently. Turn off the heat when it becomes shiny and nearly dry.