Spinach is rich in nutrition and easy to cook. It is well known as a Japanese food with fresh color which you may want to eat it every day.
The hint to cook this dish is, "Do not over boil so that you can enjoy spinach chewy texture". It is also a recommended point that this dish can be storage for up to three days in refrigerator.
Ingredient for 2 pax portion
- 1 bag of spinach (160 g)
- A pinch of Salt
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon Dashi soup (Melt 2 cube of Japanese-style granulated soup in hot water. Can use consommé as replacement as well)
- One grab of dried Bonito (portion doesn’t matter)
How to make
1. Wash spinach properly. Add some salt to plenty of boiling water, add in stem part and boil for 30 seconds, and then add in the remaining parts and boil for another 30 seconds. Total boiling time is only 1 minute.
2. Quench the spinach in cold water. By doing this, extra heat in spinach will be removed and it prevents the spinach to lose its fresh color.
3. Lightly squeeze the water from spinach, remove the remaining water with kitchen paper and cut spinach into the length of about 3 cm.
4. Add soy sauce and dashi soup to a bowl and stir it, then add spinach into the bowl and mix it moderately.
5. Serve the spinach on a food container and complete it by topping up with dried bonito.