The Sapporo Curb Market is a must-see tourist destination if you don’t have the unfortunate affliction of allergy towards seafood. The spot is where many of Hokkaido’s freshest catch from the sea are traded at an attractive price, making it a fabulous place to shop for delicious crabs, salmon and other valuable harvests from the sea.
The Curb Market Sapporo
Not only are there shops selling fresh raw seafood, there are many restaurants that serve fresh fishes bought from the market. There are also many liquor stores and grocery stores there too. If you want to buy seafood but is troubled about having to transport them to the hotel, no worries. The delivery to hotel service is often available. Just make sure you check with the shopkeeper.
Ordering a meal at a restaurant could be a fun event too. If you’re at a restaurant that lets you pick the fishes or clams, you can watch as the fish are prepared to be served to you.
The market opens at 6.00 am and closes at 5.00 pm.
- Spot name: Curb Market
- Street address: 21-2-3 Kita 11-jo Nishi, Chuo-ku, Sapporo 060-0011, Hokkaido
- Access: The nearest stations are JR Soen Station and Nijyuyonken Station. Walk for ten minutes from JR Soen Station West Exit to reach Curb Market. If you’re at the Nijyuyonken Station, take the No. 5 Exit. It is around 9 minutes of walk to reach the Curb market.
Curb Market to Sapporo Factory
For sure, curb market can’t compete with Sapporo Factory when it comes to the sheer numbers of shops. There are around 160 shops in Sapporo Factory! Also, if you’re a fan of beer, the Kaitakushi Beer Brewery, the first beer brewery is somewhere we recommend you visit. The Sapporo Factory is only a train ride away from Curb Market, thus visiting these two places would be an interesting way to spend the day in central Sapporo.
There are plenty of fashionable clothing stores, art galleries, restaurants, cafes and a theater to spend your time at the Sapporo Factory. The mall opens from 10.00 am to 10.00 pm.
- Spot name: Sapporo Factory
- Address: Kita 2-jo Higashi 4-chome, Chuo-ku, Sapporo 060-0032, Hokkaido
- Access:A 3-minute walk from Odori Station from Namboku Subway, Tozai and Toho Lines. If you’re travelling from Sapporo Station (JR Line) and Namboku Subway and Toho Lines, ride the Chuo Bus (Kan 88) to the Sapporo factory stop “サッポロファクトリー（バス）” From the No. 8 exit at the Bus Center-Mae Station, the Sapporo Factory is 3 minutes away.