At Abashiri that faces the Sea of Okhotsk, there are many attraction spots such as Saroma Lake or Five Lakes, and even the Abashiri Prison which once housed prisoners. Near Abashiri is Kitami and Shiretoko which we would recommend also for a short stay. Mainly, we’ll be introducing hotels in Abashiri.
Hotel Abashirikoso Abashiri Japan
Hotel Abashirikoso is a hotel built next to the Abashiri lakeshore. In winter, you can experience Wakasagi fishing at the pond in front of the hotel. It’s also convenient to explore the various tourist attraction around Abashiri town as it is only a ten-minute drive away. The rooms are slightly bigger than standard hotel sizes, and you are able to comfortably stay in the hotel room. There is also barrier-free design implemented for those who are elderly or people with disability. The meals served here can be chosen from five carefully crafted dinner menu, and special dishes such as crab-centric dishes are also available. The hot spring is a large public bath with natural hot spring. There are also a large indoor bath and two smaller indoor bath facility, plus an open-air bath and a large sauna.
- Spot name: Hotel Abashirikoso (ホテル網走湖荘)
- Street address: 78 Yobito, Abashiri, Hokkaido 099-2421
- Access: Take the bus from the Abashiri JR Station till you reach the Abashiri-mae bus stop which is 10 minutes away.
Lake Abashiri Tsuruga Resort
The Lake Abashiri Tsuruga Resort is a spa resort near Lake Abashiri. Built atop a small hill, you can have a nice view of the beautiful Abashiri lake from the hotel. It’s also a convenient place to reach Shiretoko, Abashiri, and Kitami. The rooms are Western and Japanese-style rooms with beautiful rich green scenery, refined rooms for the pleasure of guests. Amongst these rooms are those that have dedicated entrances, and they are also fully equipped with open-air bath and dedicated private garden. Restaurants which are overflowing with a sense of freedom serve buffet-style meals. As many as 70 assorted fresh dishes are lined up. At the open kitchen, you can pick your topping and have a personalized pizza baked for you. You can taste numerous dishes made of ingredients from the Sea of Okhotsk and the mountains.
- Spot name: Lake Abashiri Tsuruga Resort
- Street address: 159 Yobito, Abashiri, Hokkaido 099-2421
- Access: Around 15-minute drive from Abashiri JR Station.
Abashiri Central Hotel
The strategically placed Abashiri Central Hotel is not only close to the Abashiri Station, it is also near the shopping district, convenient stores and supermarket, all within walking range of the hotel. There is a wide range of guest room types for you to pick from. The simple rooms have a clean feel which can be a pleasant stay. Food can be had at the hotel’s restaurant where meals are made of abundant fresh seasonal ingredients. Not only that, you can order from the Japanese, Western, or Chinese menu.
- Spot name: Abashiri Central Hotel
- Street address: 3 Chome-７ Minami 2 Jōnishi, Abashiri-shi, Hokkaidō 093-0012
- Access: From the Abashiri Bus Terminal it is a 3-minute walk. If you drive from the Abashiri Station, it will take 5 minutes. Walking from the station will take around 15 minutes.
Abashiri Royal Hotel
The Abashiri Royal Hotel is around a 5-minute walk from the Abashiri JR Station, a great location for those who want to go to the food street within walking distance. The hotel is also equipped with a large public bath with a sauna attached. There are many types of guest rooms to choose from. All rooms have wi-fi connectivity, making it a pleasant stay. The restaurant in the hotel has a menu which includes meals made from local ingredients. You can have a filling Japanese meal, of course, Western meals and Chinese meals too at the restaurant.
- Spot name: Abashiri Royal Hotel
- Street address: 7 Chome Kita 6 Jonishi, Abashiri, Hokkaido 093-0076
- Access: a 5-minute walk from the Abashiri JR Station.