Miyama Town is located in the center of Kyoto Prefecture, a place where you can reach in 1 hour from from Kyoto city by car. Miyama is well-known as an agriculture and rich natural town with the scenery of the countryside where the thatched roof inns are lined up all around the place. Today, we are going to introduce the recommended hotels or accommodations that you can stay at Miyama relaxingly.
Staying at a traditional thatched roof inn and experience what it is like to be a farmer
There are many types of accommodations in Miyama such as inn, thatched roof inn, farmhouse, Japanese traditional inn, etc. The thatched roof is made with grass such as Susuki and Yoshi. By doing so, heat insulation, heat retention, breathability and sound insulation of the building are improved.
The thatched roof inn, "Matabe"
For those who want to try out those things which only available in Miyama, it is highly recommended for you to stay at "Thatched Roof Inn Matabe". At this traditional thatched roof inn, you can try the traditional countryside dishes of Miyama. You can enjoy a variety of simple dishes which prepared with ingredients such as wild vegetables, ayu, mushrooms and chicken at this simple and relaxing space.
- Spot name: Thatched Roof Inn, Matabe
- Street address: 25 Kitashimomaki, Miyama-cho, Nantan-shi, Kyoto 601-0712
- Access: Access by Nantan city bus from JR Sonobe Station or Hiyoshi Station
At the farmer’s inn "Hanabusa", you can stay in a traditional private house which has 150 years history, and enjoy farming experience as well.
- Spot name: Farmer’s Inn, Hanabusa
- Street address: 10-1 & 11 Miyamacho shima Eisa, Nantan-shi, Kyoto 601-0751
- Access: Access by Nantan City bus from JR Sonobe Station or Hiyoshi Station
Miyama FUTON & Breakfast
"Miyama FUTON & Breakfast" is an inn where you can rent the whole thatched roof inn as your accommodation. For dinner, you can bring your own ingredients and alcohol, and prepare your own dishes. Why don’t you consider to enjoy a meal here by having all your members surround the hearth and enjoy your dinner?
- Spot name: Miyama FUTON & Breakfast
- Street address: 29 Miyamacho shima Eisa, Nantan-shi, Kyoto 601-0751
- Access: Access by Nantan city bus from JR Sonobe station or Hiyoshi station, then get off at "Samoto Bridge" and walk for approximately 3 minutes on foot
Access to Miyama
There are no railroads or motorways to enter Miyama Town directly. Please take note that it takes approximately 20 minutes by car even from the nearest station. It is recommended for you to check the access method to this destination in advance.
If you are heading to Miyama by train, please get off at JR Kyoto Station and take Sagano San’in Line for approximately 60 minutes and get off at "Sonobe station" or "Hiyoshi station". Then, change to Nantan municipal bus from the above station and get off at your destination such as "Kayabuki no Sato".