Uji is one of the historic sightseeing spots in Japan where many popular temples and shrines located, such as Byodo-in, a World Heritage temple. Besides the sightseeing spot of temples and shrines, Uji has a wide variety of gourmet such as the cuisine which made from Uji specialty tea and local ingredients. Today we are going to introduce you for the accommodation where you can enjoy both sightseeing and gourmet at the same time.
Recommended hotel in Uji, "Hanayashiki Ukibune’en"
"Hanayashiki Ukibune’en" is a historic Japanese style inn which taking high effort for their gourmet. It is located at a brilliant location where the scenery of whole Uji River can be viewed from all of their rooms. You can enjoy the fully bloom cherry blossom in spring, clear stream of Uji River in summer, beautiful autumn leaves of the mountains in autumn, and also enjoy the wonderful snowy scenery in winter at here.
There is a Japanese restaurant serving steak and authentic Kyo Kaiseki dishes in the hotel. You can enjoy your meal while watching the beautiful stream of the river. It is convenient to for sightseeing as it is only approximately 10 minutes’ walk from historical attraction such as Byodoin Houodo and Uji Shrine.
- Spot name: Hanayashiki Ukifune-en
- Street address: 20 Uji Togawa, Uji, Kyoto
- Access: Take JR train from JR Kyoto Station to JR Uji Station, and then take approximately 20 minutes’ walk after getting off at JR Uji Station
- Check in Time: from 16:00; Check out Time: before 10:00
"Seizanso" where you can enjoy the beautiful scenery of Uji River
"Kyo Uji Seizanso" is an inn which located alongside Uji River. You can spend your time relaxingly in a Japanese-style room where you can feel the babbling Uji River. Since there is also wide Japanese style room available, it is recommended for those group with many members. You can enjoy the seasonal scenery of Uji River of each season while enjoying your bath at the public bath.
The food served is Kyo Kaiseki dishes which prepared from own-produced garden vegetables. Please enjoy dishes which made from the seasonal ingredients. It is within walking distance to major historic attraction spots and is convenient for sightseeing purpose. Free Wi-Fi is available in the hotel and equipped with internet corner and coin laundry. It is recommended for those who stay for consecutive nights.
- Spot name: Kyo Uji Seizanso (京宇治静山荘)
- Street address: 27-2 Uji Togawa, Uji, Kyoto
- Access: Take JR train from JR Kyoto Station to JR Uji Station, and then take approximately 15 minutes’ walk after getting off at JR Uji Station
- Check-in time: from 15:00; Check out time: before 10:00
A hostel type Inn which is free and easy to stay overnight
"Uji no yado, ChaganJutei" is a hostel type inn which opened in September 2016. It is near to the station and also within walking distance from the surrounding attraction spots. It is recommended for those who prefer to reserve the room only without any additional service or package. There are Japanese style room, Western-style room, shared room, etc as well as a shared kitchen and bathroom. There is also free breakfast or free beer to be provided at a limited time. (To be reserved upon room reservation)
The entire building is equipped with free Wi-Fi, air conditioner for all rooms and television. You can also join the culture experiencing class, festival, events, and matcha making at here by free of charge at here. The inn is very convenient as convenience stores, grocery stores, restaurants, and public baths are available nearby.
- Spot name: Chaganjutei (茶願寿邸)
- Street address: 151-2 Ichiban Uji, Uji, Kyoto
- Access: Take JR train from JR Kyoto Station to JR Uji Station, and then take approximately 5 minutes’ walk after getting off at JR Uji Station
- Check in time: 16:00 - 22:00; Check out time: 8:00 - 11:00