This article is republished by courtesy of Relux Magazine.
Niseko, Hokkaido has majestic nature, and this city is famous for its high-quality powder snow, so maybe many people have an image of winter. However, there are many attractions which you can enjoy in the summer. We will introduce beautiful attractions in Niseko to you, so please use this article to help you when making a trip plan to Niseko, which has a blue sky and spectacular nature.
1. Mt. Yotei
Mt. Yotei is also called Ezo Fuji, and this mountain is one of the most famous mountains in Hokkaido and also chosen as one of the best 100 mountains in Japan. This mountain is a typical stratovolcano, so it has an oval shape crater which is 2km long on the top. You can see this beautiful mountain from anywhere in Niseko. You can climb this mountain from late June. Over 100 kinds of alpine plants start to bloom from a height of 1700m in July and August. Many people visit this mountain for not only climbing but outdoor recreation and nature observation.
- Address: Kyogoku, Abuta District, Hokkaido
- Access: 10 minutes’ drive from Kyogoku-Chuo bus stop
2. Kyogoku Fukidashi Park
This park has Yotei fukidashi spring water, and this spring water is chosen as one of the best 100 waters in Japan by the Environment Agency. Many people visit this park because of this great water. Fukidashi Park also has a roadside station "Meisui no Sato Kyogoku", and this roadside station has stores, playground equipment, and BBQ house, so it is very convenient. It takes 3 minutes from a parking lot to the place you can get water. The water temperature is 6.5℃ and it produces 8t water per day. Also, 300,000 people use this water as domestic water every day. There are many spots you can get this spring water, so you can relax with drinking it.
- Address: Kawanishi, Kyogoku-Cho, Abuta District, Hokkaido
- Phone: 0316-42-2292 (Meisui no Sato Kyogoku)
- Access: 15 minutes' walk from Kyogoku bus terminal
- Detail: http://www.town-kyogoku.jp/kanko-event/fukidashi-park/
3. Milk Kobo
This sweets shop is next to Niseko Takahashi Dairy Farm, and all sweets are made with fresh milk from the farm. This large area has Baumkuchen Kobo, Yogurt Kobo, Cheese Kobo, souvenir shop, cafe, and restaurant, so this place is one of the most popular attractions in Niseko. You can see Mt. Yotei, which is a symbol of Niseko, from the garden and terrace, so this place is great for taking a photo. During summer, you can see the sunflower field and blue sky, so why don't you enjoy a milky soft serve ice cream with beautiful and refreshed air.
- Address: 888-1 Soga, Niseko, Abuta District, Hokkaido
- Phone: 0136-44-3734
- Business hour: 9:30am – 5:30pm
- Access: 10 minutes by taxi from Niseko Station
- Detail: http://www.niseko-takahashi.jp/milkkobo/
4. The Arishima Takeo Memorial Hall
Takeo Arishima is a representative writer of Taisho era's Shirakaba group, and "The Agony of Being Born", "A Certain Woman" and "The Descendants of Cain" are his famous works. This museum introduces his life and works. This memorial hall is established at a former site of his father's farm, and the shape of the building is Hokkaido. Inside the building has around 600 exhibitions. There is a park which is made as a memory of Arishima's 110th anniversary of the birth, and this park is great for a stroll. The view from the observation platform is also beautiful, and you can see Mt. Yotei from there. So, we recommend this place to people who want to enjoy the memorial park and feel the mother of nature.
- Address: 57 Arishima Niseko, Abuta District, Hokkaido
- Business hour: 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Holiday: Monday, new year's holiday
- Fee: general ¥500, high school student ¥100, and free for middle schooler and under
- Access: 30 minutes' walk from Niseko Station
- Detail: https://www.town.niseko.lg.jp/arishima_museum/outline
5. Hilton Niseko Village
This village is located at the spectacular area by the foot of the Niseko Annupuri Mountain, and this premium mountain resort is awarded World Ski Award 4 years constantly, and also won Japan's best ski hotel section in 4 times too. There are shopping and dining area in this resort, and everyone can visit this area, and the design of this area is a traditional townhouse motif. You can stop by 100% natural hot spring, so you can enjoy taking a hot spring surrounded by nature. Niseko has an image of winter, but this resort offers many attractions during summer too, so you can enjoy golfing and rafting at Shiribetsu River. At PURE at Niseko Village nature activity center, you can go around this village by mountain bike or cart, also you can enjoy tree trekking and zipline too.
- Address: Higashiyama Onsen, Niseko, Abuta District, Hokkaido
- Phone: 0136-44-1111
- Access: 15minutes by free shuttle from Niseko Station
- Detail: http://www.hiltonnisekovillage.jp
6. Niseko Annupuri International Ski Area
The ski slope at the south side of Niseko Annupuri incline gently, and the layout of the ski slope is very wide, so this side is great for family and beginner. During summer, a gondola starts their service from July 15th, and you can see a spectacular view like Mt. Yotei and Lake Toya. From late June, you can enjoy many activities like climbing, hot-air balloon, bungee trampoline and so on. There are a hot spring spa 5 minutes away from Sanroku Station, and you can take an outdoor hot spring. They sell a special discount ticket which includes a gondola round ticket and hot spring ticket, so you can relax at those 2 places.
- Address: 484 Niseko, Niseko, Abuta District, Hokkaido
- Phone: 0136-58-2028
- Access: 10 minutes by taxi from Niseko Station
- Detail: http://annupuri.info/summer/
7. NISEKO Grand HIRAFU
Grand HIRAFU consists of 2 ski slopes, Hirafu and Hanazono, and this ski resort is famous for their high-quality powder snow. If you use a common ticket, you can use both this ski resort and Niseko Annupuri, also there is a shuttle bus between those 2 ski resorts. During the summer, we recommend a summer gondola which elevates 500m very quickly, so you can enjoy a spectacular view of Niseko, and it will open on July 16th. You will have a lot of options for your summer leisure because nature tour with guide, BBQ garden, and downhill course for a mountain bike will open soon at this resort.
- Address: 204 Aza Yamada, Kutchan-Cho, Abuta District, Hokkaido, JAPAN
- Phone: 0136-58-2080
- Access: 15 minutes by taxi from Kutchan Station
- Detail: http://www.grand-hirafu.jp
8. JR Niseko Station Tourist Information Center
The exterior of Niseko Station is so pretty, and it makes you to feel you want to take a picture. During Halloween season, there will be a lot of big pumpkins at the outside of this station. Inside the station has a tourist information center, so you can get booklets from there. Also, the staff is very nice to you, so it is also a good idea to stop by this information center if you can't decide where to go. There is a popular hot spring "Niseko Station Spa Kira-No-Yu" in front of the station. You can enjoy an open-air hot spring surrounded by beautiful nature.
- Address: Inside JR Niseko Station
- Phone: 0136-44-2468
- Business hours: 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Holiday: open every day but sometimes no one at the desk.
- Access: right by the Niseko Station
- Detail: http://www.niseko-ta.jp/index.php?id=72
9. Niseko Adventure Center
Niseko Adventure Center is the first one that started to offer a rafting program in Niseko, so they are rafting's pioneer in Niseko. This center offers many activities which you can enjoy Niseko's nature, such as SUP, kayak, and trekking. This center uses a renovated old gymnasium, and the first floor has a Mountain Gear Shop and an open terrace café is on the second floor. Also, they have 11m high climbing wall and bouldering area inside this building. They offer a family rafting that over 3 years old kids can join, and indoor activities which can do from 1-year old kids, such as caramel making and imomochi making. So, you can enjoy many activities with your family.
- Address: 179-53 Yamada, Kutchan-Cho, Abuta District, Hokkaido
- Phone: 0136-23-2093
- Business hour: 8:00am – 9:00pm
- Access: 10 minutes' drive from Kutchan Station
- Detail: http://www.nacadventures.jp
10. Shinsen Marsh
This marsh is located over 750m above sea level, so the marsh is surrounded by alpine plants and Sakhalin spruces. It has a promenade around the marsh, so you can enjoy hiking during summer and enjoying Japanese maple's autumn leaves in Autumn. This marsh is one of the most mysterious marshes in Niseko, and this marsh has different faces in each season. It is a little bit far from a parking lot, but the way is very flat, so little kids and old people can visit this place too, so 3 generations can visit this place together.
- Address: Maeda, Kyowa-Cho, Iwanai District, Hokkaido
- Phone: 0135-73-2011 (an extension 127) (Kyowa-Cho town hall, Commerce and Tourism division)
- Access: 30 minutes' drive from Kozawsa Station
- Detail: http://www.town.kyowa.hokkaido.jp/kankou/spot/shinsennuma.html
Enjoying Niseko's nature both in summer and winter!
How was it? You can enjoy Hokkaido's nature in Niseko both in summer and winter. In winter, you can enjoy skiing, but in the summer, you can also enjoy many activities! Niseko has fresh air, blue sky, and spectacular nature, and you can relax in those nature. A trip to Niseko is great for couples, friends, and family, so you can enjoy going here with anyone. Also, Niseko has good foods too, so why don't you visit Niseko for your vacation?
You can register their membership here.
Relux membership benefits:
- Special Discount Coupons
- 5% Rewards Points
- Best Price Guarantee
- 1. Mt. Yotei
- 2. Kyogoku Fukidashi Park
- 3. Milk Kobo
- 4. The Arishima Takeo Memorial Hall
- 5. Hilton Niseko Village
- 6. Niseko Annupuri International Ski Area
- 7. NISEKO Grand HIRAFU
- 8. JR Niseko Station Tourist Information Center
- 9. Niseko Adventure Center
- 10. Shinsen Marsh
- Enjoying Niseko's nature both in summer and winter!