Looking for a hotel in Japan’s ancient capital can be daunting, especially if you don’t know which Kyoto Hotel to stay at. With so many different places to choose from, it can be hard for a traveler to choose where they’d like to stay for their Kyoto trip. In this article we’ll introduce 10 different Kyoto Hotels to help you find the most convenient one for your Kyoto travels.
Hotel Granvia Kyoto
If you want quick access to Kyoto Station, Hotel Granvia Kyoto is located right inside the station itself! With a pool, gym and on-site restaurants, the service at Hotel Granvia is the some of the best in the area. Of course, you’ll be paying the price for this lovely hotel, but with such a great location, giving you direct access to all the train lines Kyoto Station has, it’s very worth it for your stay.
- Spot name: Hotel Granvia Kyoto
- Street address: Inside JR Kyoto Station, Higashishiokojicho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Kyoto 600-8216
- Access: Via the JR Chuo Main Exit on the northern side of the station, take the escalator on your right to the Lobby on the 2nd floor of the hotel.
Kyoto Hotel Okura
Billed as the “Finest Traditional Hotel in Kyoto”, the Kyoto Hotel Okura offers up everything you need to have a luxurious stay in the old capital. Directly connected to Kyoto Shiyakusho-mae Station, you’ll only be a few minutes walk away from the Gion district, known for its historic and well preserved Edo-era streets and traditional nightlife.
- Spot name: Kyoto Hotel Okura
- Street address: 537-2 Kawaramachi-Oike, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto, Kyoto 604-8558
- Access: Directly Connected to Kyoto Shiyakusho-mae Station via Exit 3
Hotel Kanra Kyoto
As a mix between a traditional hotel and a Japanese Ryokan, Hotel Kanra Kyoto lets you experience the best of both worlds. At just a 12-minute walk from Kyoto Station, the hotel offers classic Japanese style rooms, with futons, tatami mat floors and Kiyomizu-yaki ceramics, to Western style rooms with the usual layouts. The hotel located in the Shimogyo Ward giving you direct rail access to all of Kyoto’s hot spots.
- Spot name: Hotel Kanra Kyoto
- Street address: 190 Kitacho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Kyoto 600-8176
- Access: A 1-minute walk from Gojo Station No. 8 Exit
Rihga Royal Hotel Kyoto
The Rihga Royal Hotel Kyoto lives up to its name by offering its guests the royal treatment in Japan’s ancient capital. The hotel boasts eight different restaurants with everything from Kyoto’s only revolving restaurant at Top of Kyoto to Teppanyaki at Teppan-yaki AOI and even French styled Kaiseki multi-course dining at Gourmand TACHIBANA.
Only a 5-minute walk away is the Nishi Hongan-ji Temple with Higashi Hongan-ji Temple and To-ji Temple only a quick 20 minute walk away.
- Spot name: Rihga Royal Hotel Kyoto
- Street address: 1 Taimatsu-cho, Shiokojisagaru, Higashihorikawa Dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Kyoto 600-8237
- Access: A 7-minute walk from Kyoto Station Hachijo Exit
Kyoto Century Hotel
If traveling around Kyoto and the Kansai region is on your itinerary, then staying at Kyoto Century Hotel would be the best bet for you. The first thing you’ll notice when arriving is the hotel’s gorgeous reception. A masseuse is on call for you at any time during your stay. The hotel is only a few minutes walk from Kyoto Station and situated on top of the Kyoto Subway, giving you direct rail access to most of Kyoto.
- Spot name: Kyoto Century Hotel
- Street address: 680 Higashi Shiokoji-cho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Kyoto 600-8216
- Access: A 2-minute walk from Kyoto Station North Central Exit
Miyako Hotel Kyoto Hachijo
The Miyako Hotel Kyoto Hachijo offers great access to Kyoto Station and a comfortable stay. Just a crosswalk away from the station, the hotel is an easy and convenient place to stay if you want easy travel to other parts of Kyoto and beyond. The hotel also has easy access to the Miyako Avenue, a vast shopping area where you can pick up quality souvenirs to take home. Rooms start at around 10,000 yen and up.
- Spot name: Miyako Hotel Kyoto Hachijo
- Street address: 17 Nishikujo-Inmachi, Minami-ku, Kyoto, Kyoto 601-8412
- Access: A 5-minute walk from Kyoto Station Hachijo Exit
Royal Park Hotel Kyoto
The Royal Park Hotel Kyoto is located within the heart of the historic Kyoto. With only a 20-minute walk to the Kyoto Imperial Palace and a 15-minute walk to the Gion area and Yasaka Shrine, you’ll easily be able to get to Kyoto’s heartland. This is a great hotel to stay at if you’re interested in staying in within walking distance to all of Kyoto’s major traditional attractions. Rooms start at around 11,000 yen and up.
- Spot name: Royal Park Hotel Kyoto
- Street address: 74 Nakajima-cho, Kawaramachi Higashi-iru, Sanjo dori, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto, Kyoto 604-8004
- Access: A 3-minute walk from Kyotoshiyakushomae station and Sanjo station
Hotel Monterey Kyoto
Located only 5-minute walk away from the Kyoto Art Center, Hotel Monterey Kyoto is great for people wanting to take in Kyoto’s artistic side. For an additional fee, you’ll be able to use the hotel's onsen bath and spa, with natural spring water pumped from one kilometer under the city. Rooms start at around 10,000 yen and up.
- Spot name: Hotel Monterey Kyoto
- Street address: 604 Manjuya-cho, Sanjo-sagaru, Karasuma-dori, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto, Kyoto 604-8161
- Access: A 3-minute walk from Karasuma Oike Station Exit 6 or a 5-minute walk from Karasuma Station Exit 22
Kyoto Tokyu Hotel
With a fitness center on site, the Kyoto Tokyu Hotel is a great place to stay if you don’t want to skip leg or arm day on your travels. Though your legs will get a work out from the 5-minute walk to World Heritage site Nishi Honganji Temple.
If going to the gym isn’t your thing, you can enjoy sipping cocktails at The Terrace in the waterfall courtyard. The hotel offers a shuttle bus service from Kyoto Station for all guests if they want it. Rooms start at around 11,000 yen and up.
- Spot name: Kyoto Tokyu Hotel
- Street address: 580 Kakimotocho, Gojo-sagaru, Horikawa-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Kyoto 600-8519
- Access: A 7-minute walk from Gojo Subway Station Exit 4
Kyoto Brighton Hotel
With a mix of Kyoto and British styling, the Kyoto Brighton Hotel is the perfect place to stay if you want to be in a quiet residential neighborhood in Kyoto. Right down the street, only 550 meters away, is the famous Kyoto Imperial Palace.
The restaurants within the hotel have been awarded 4 black pavilions by the Michelin Guide for 5 consecutive years. Wandering around the neighborhood, you can soak in the historic Kyoto buildings that have been preserved for hundreds of years. Rooms start at around 17,000 yen and up.
- Spot name: Kyoto Brighton Hotel
- Street address: 330 Nakadachiuri, Shinmachi-dori, Kamigyo-ku, Kyoto, Kyoto 602-8071
- Access: A 8-minute walk from Imadegawa Station