A popular dish within many Japanese households is rice cooked with various ingredients. These dishes are usually rich in nutrients, and very delicious. They're also super easy to make!
All you have to do is put all of the ingredients into the rice cooker with the rice, wait around an hour, and it's done! You can make some side dishes during that time such as miso soup. Here's a recipe we love and would recommend!
- White Rice 3 Cups
- Chicken Thigh 100g
- Carrot 1/2
- Aburaage 1/2
- Shimeji Mushrooms 1 Pack
- Some thin green spring onion shoots
- Soy Sauce (★) 2 Tablespoons
- Cooking Alcohol (★) 2 Tablespoons
- Mirin (★) 1 Teaspoon
- Salt (★) 1/2 a teaspoon
- Wash the white rice thoroughly.
- Cut the carrot and aburaage into thin strips, the chicken thigh into bite-size chunks, and separate the mushrooms.
- Place the ingredients into the rice cooker in the order of rice, water, other ingredients, then the seasoning mixture.
- Place into a bowl, sprinkle some green spring onion shoots over the top and eat!