Low-calorie Japanese ingredients: konjac, or commonly called “devil's tongue”. Konjac is a dish that is always on the table of a Japanese family, and is eaten at special times such as on New Year's Day, or by people who are watching their calories. It tastes like eating rubber normally, but if you cook it with seasonings and spices, you will definitely be addicted to this amazing food! It looks cute, and you can try it as a healthy dish♪
Ingredients for 2 servings
- 1 Konjac (200 g)
- Shiitake mushroom
- Dashi soup (mixed soup) 200cc
- Sake 1 tbsp
- Mirin 1 tbsp and 1/2
- Sugar 1 tbsp and 1/2
- Light soy sauce 2 tbsp
- Red pepper (As much as you like)
- Cut the Devil's Tongue into 8 mm slices, and make a cut of 3 cm in the center. Twist one side to the middle and make it like a hand net.
- Put water and the Devil's Tongue in a pan and boil for 3 minutes over medium heat then drain the water.
- Add the ☆Sauce to the pot and boil. Add your Devil's Tongue from step 2 and then cover it with paper and boil for 10 minutes over a medium heat.