Mixing potato with potato starch gives it a texture like mochi (*rice cake)! This time, we get more creative by adding cheese to the popular Imomochi recipe.
The mochi mochi (gummy) texture and melted cheese are a great match! It’s a perfect snack and is good to accompany sake. It’s most delicious if you eat it quickly while cheese is still soft and melting!
Ingredients (8 pieces)
- Potato 300g
- 4 tablespoons of starch
- Milk 60cc
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Cheese 60g
- Some dried nori seaweed flakes, or, if not available, parsley for garnish
- Boil the potatoes until they are soft, drain the water and mash.
- Add milk, starch and salt in a bowl, and mix well together.
- Add #1 into #2 in 3 portions and mix well. When the mixture is smooth, put the plastic wrap above the dough to divide into 8 portions easily.
- Take the one portion of #3 and wrap it with cheese into a smooth, round shape.
- Melt butter in a frying pan and sauté the mixture on medium heat for about 3 minutes. Turn it over and cook for about 3 more minutes.
- Serve on the plate, and garnish with nori/parsley.
Also read Quick Cook Recipe Series ~ Imo mochi ~