To everyone coming to Japan, did you know you can access the center of Tokyo from Terminal 2 of Narita airport in only 36 min with the Keisei Electric Rail Train?
Today we will explain to you how to buy your ticket and get on the train, with lots of photos to help you along the way!
Getting on the Keisei Skyliner
There are mainly 3 different types of Keisei trains departing from Narita Airport. The Keisei Skyliner, the Access Express and the Limited Express train.
Among these 3 types of trains, we recommend you use the Skyliner with 3 reasons.
Reason Number 1: Only 36 minutes to Get to Tokyo!Since the route goes almost linearly to the center of Tokyo, it is the fastest means of travel to get there. It takes 36 minutes to get to Nippori Station (which is a station on the JR Yamanote Line) without any stops along the way, with the train going up to 160km/h. This makes it the fastest train to get to Tokyo.
Reason Number 2: Surveillance cameras in the luggage spaceAgainst theft prevention, surveillance cameras have been installed in the Skyliner’s luggage space for customers.
Reason Number 3: An affordable fareIt only costs 2,470 yen to get to Nippori Station on the Yamanote Line.
How to get to the Keisei Skyliner from Narita Airport terminal 2 Arrival Lobby
1. Find Arrival Lobby B
2. Once you exit from Arrival Lobby B, the airport looks like this. If you look up, you can see a sign with an arrow indicating “Train”. Follow the arrow to the left.
By the way, on the picture you can see a counter straight ahead. You can also get your Keisei Skyliner tickets there. Of course, you can also buy the tickets at the counter near the platform entrance or from a ticket vending machine. That’s where we will show you how to buy it.
3. Take the escalator down to B1 floor. Relax, you can still see the “Train” sign.
4. Once you get off the escalator, after making a right turn you see the “Train” sign again. Follow it.
5. Follow the sign, and you should be able to see the SKYLINER & KEISEI INFORMATION CENTER on your left.
6. You can purchase a ticket at the SKYLINER & KEISEI INFORMATION CENTER.
The staff will sell you a ticket for the Skyliner as a set, so no need to worry about anything.
7. From the center, you can see the gates to platform!
8. Once you’ve inserted your ticket, you can go through the gate. Don’t forget to grab your ticket!
9. The Skyliner arrives on Platform number 1. Let the 36min train ride to Tokyo area begin!
How to buy tickets of the Access Express or the Limited Express train from the vending machine
Although you can buy the Skyliner tickets from the ticket counter in the Arrival lobby located at terminal 2 of Narita Airport and at the Keisei Skyliner counter near the train platform, you can purchase the Access Express or the Limited Express train via a ticket vending machine. They have touchscreen so it’s very easy to use.
We will explain the process of purchasing your ticket by going through each screen you need to press. For this example, let’s say we are going to Asakusa and let’s try to buy 2 tickets for the adults.
1. On the top of the screen you can find buttons that will allow you to switch the language. You can either switch to English, Chinese or Korean. This time we’ll select English.
2. Press the Ticket icon on the left.
3. You can find the station of your destination. If it does not show up you can press the “Search by station name” icon.
4.Then just enter the name of your destination. For this example we are going to “Asakusa”.
5.Once you’ve entered the name, some suggestion of station names will appear on the right side of the screen. Select your station of destination.
6. Now you can select the Line you want to use. Select “Narita Access Line”.
7. You can now enter the number of tickets needed. Press the “+” icon to increase the number of tickets and the “-“icon to decrease it.
8. You can find the total price on the right side of the screen. Press the “Next” button on the bottom right.
9. To pay for your tickets you can either use Japanese Yen bills or your credit card.
If you use a credit card, it will be required to enter your PIN code to proceed to the payment, in that case you can find a small keyboard next to the money slot where you will be able to type in your PIN.
10. There, you have your tickets! Only thing left is go through the platform gates and board the train!
What do you think? If you save this article on your phone you will be able to find your way easily, get on the platform without getting lost and be able to buy a train ticket at the vending machine!
Let us know if you have any requests for our articles such as “How could I reach this or that area from Narita Airport?”. The FUN! JAPAN Team will check it out and report soon!
Narita Intentional Airport is FUN! and CONVENIENT!
Here are our articles related to Narita Intentional Airport. Check and bookmark for your next trip to Japan!