In this recipe, we are using traditional Japanese fish sashimi as toppings. Note, though, that you can choose whatever you like. It is super easy to make as all you have to do is to gather colorful ingredients available in your country, such as ham, fish, and vegetables, and just stuff them all together. This dish will definitely make your table spread even more beautiful. It would also be fun to do with your children. The only points you need to remember are to slice the ingredients thinly and to make your dish colorful.
Ingredients (for 6 pieces)
- Donut-shaped mold
- 250g sushi rice
- 6 slices tuna sashimi
- 4 slices squid sashimi
- 6 pieces of salmon sashimi
- 4 pieces hamachi (yellowtail) sashimi
- 2 pcs. spot prawns
- 10g thinly shredded omelette
- 10g tobiko (flying fish roe)
- 6 slices cucumber
- 4 pieces gari (sliced ginger pickled in vinegar)
- 1/2 slice lemon
- 10 pcs. red radish sprouts
- Black sesame
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- Slice the cucumber thinly using a peeler. Adjust the size to fit the mold.
- Spread a thin layer of sesame oil on the mold and then place the ingredients in the mold.
- Fill the mold with the sushi (vinegared) rice, cover it with cling wrap and then lightly press the rice into the mold. Let it rest in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Turn the mold upside down to release the rice inside and then decorate it with the toppings. That’s it, you’re done!