A cute version of omurice (Japanese omelette on rice) featuring pandas! With just one extra step you’ll have your most photogenic omurice ever.
You can make polka-dotted omurice simply by separating the egg white from the yolk and pouring the whites into round moulds. In fact, it’s sure to look cute just like that. Check out the video to learn more!
Ingredients (to serve 1)
- 2 eggs
- A pinch of salt
- 10g of butter or sunflower oil
- 200g of rice
- Take one of the eggs and separate the white from the yolk.
- Beat the separated yolk together with the remaining whole egg until well mixed.
- Heat the oil (or butter) in a frying pan and pour in the egg mixture. Cook on a low flame, and when the surface looks cooked, use a round mold to make circular holes in the omelette. *Try using plastic bottle caps to make the holes.
- Pour the remaining egg white mixture into the holes. Cover to steam cook until set firm.
- Add cooked rice to a serving bowl, and wrap the polka-dot omelette over the top.
- Finish it off by using nori seaweed to create features for your pandas!