Although Nagoya Castle and Higashiyama Zoo are some of the typical sightseeing spots in Nagoya, the city is also a shopper’s paradise with various stores for fashion and miscellaneous goods. Many of these are conveniently located right around Nagoya Station. We’ll introduce some recommended shopping spots where you can shop ‘til you drop!
JR Art Nagoya Takashimaya, Directly Connected to JR Nagoya Station
This is a large department store directly connected to JR Nagoya Station. The sales area consists of 13 floors from the 2nd floor of the basement to 11th floor, featuring a wide range of stores such as women’s and men’s clothes, baby goods, household goods, and food items. There are also some large specialty stores inside, such as bookshops, and miscellaneous goods stores.
The women’s fashion stores are especially exciting, including a versatile assortment of famous overseas brand items and shops for various sizes. The location could not be more convenient and the number of stores is large you can find all your shopping needs here!
- Spot name: JR Nagoya Takashimaya
- Street address: 1-1-4 Meieki, Nakamura-ku, Nagoya, Aichi
- Access: Directly connected to JR Nagoya Station
Individual Shopping at the Sakae Area Shopping Malls
Sakae area is always recommended for fashionable shopping in the Nagoya area. Nagoya PARCO, which is directly connected from Yabacho Station on the Meijo subway line, is a fashion building with abundant items for adults, as well as youth fashion. There are many sophisticated items such as clothes and miscellaneous goods.
LACHIC is a shopping spot full of fashionable items such as interior goods and fashion accessories. Fashion-focused shops such as those for bags and shoes are particularly substantial, and there are also plenty of shops for miscellaneous kitchen and outdoor goods.
- Spot name: Nagoya PARCO
- Street address: 3-29-1 Sakae, Naka-ku, Nagoya, Aichi
- Access: Direct connection to the Yabamacho subway line
- Spot name: LACHIC
- Street address: 3-6-1 Sakae, Naka-ku, Nagoya, Aichi
- Access: Approximately three minutes on foot from Sakae Station on the Higashiyama subway line and Meijo subway line
Shopping Districts where Shops of Various Genres Stand Side by Side
Osu Shopping Street is a famous shopping district in Nagoya. It is located from 2-chome to 3-chome Osu, stretching across three streets and 600 meters east to west, and two streets of 400 meters north to south.
A wide variety of shops, from established stores to B-Grade gourmet and subculture fashion, are featured along the street. Various genres of shops are lined up, and the streets are crowded with many people every day. Because there is an abundance of food shops, it is and especially good place to shop while eating various cuisines.
- Spot name: Osu Shopping Street
- Street address: Osu 2 -3 chome, Naka-ku, Nagoya
- Access: Just outside Osu Kannon Station on the Tsurumai subway line
Shopping Spots Around Nagoya Station
In the vicinity of Nagoya Station, there are several shopping centers, large department stores, etc. Because of its convenient location, it is regularly crowded with many shoppers. There’s JR Nagoya Takashimaya, directly connected to the station, Kintetsu PASSE, focused on fashion and miscellaneous goods, and also the well-established shopping building, Meitetsu Department Store Honten.
Kintetsu PASSE is a shopping spot that is particularly popular among young people, with a wealth of selections for women's clothes. Meitetsu Department Store has a variety of genres such as women’s, men's, baby goods, daily necessities, food items, and more. Here you can also find dishes and kitchenware from the famous Japanese brand, Noritake.
- Spot name: Kintetsu PASSE
- Street address: Nagoya-ku Nagoya-ku Nami Station 1-2-2
- Access: Get off at Nagoya Station on the Kintetsu line and it will be within a minute’s vicinity on foot.
- Spot name: Meitetsu Department Honten
- Street address: 1-2-1 Meieki, Nakamura-ku, Nagoya, Aichi
- Access: Get off at Nagoya Station on the Meitetsu line and it will be within a minute’s vicinity on foot.