When it comes to Japanese sweets that you want to eat in the summer of Japan, many people probably choose warabimochi - transparent and summery, has a cool and chewy texture, making it one of the standard Japanese sweets in summer.
This time, I will introduce how to make a healthy "tofu warabimochi" that can be easily made at home! Besides kinako, I also recommend putting brown sugar syrup (黒蜜 / kuromitsu) on top to change the taste.There are no complicated steps and it is an easy snack to make, so please give it a try.
Here is the video (with cc subtitles)👇👇👇
Ingredients for warabimochi using tofu (for 3 to 4 servings)
- Soft tofu ... 200g
- Potato starch ... 5 tablespoons
- Milk ... 2 tablespoons
- Sugar ... 1 tablespoon
- Kinako ... to taste
- Brown sugar syrup ... to taste
* You can add anything other than kinako and brown sugar syrup to your liking, so please arrange it to your favorite version and enjoy.
How to make warabimochi using tofu
- Add 200g of soft tofu, 5 tablespoons of potato starch, and 2 tablespoons of milk into a heat-resistant bowl, and mix with a whisk until smooth.
- Wrap and heat in the microwave at 600W for 2 minutes.
- Mix well with a whisk until the mixture becomes sticky.
- Place in a heat-resistant storage container, let it cool down first, then put in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- After cooling in the refrigerator, remove from the storage container and cut into pieces that are easy to eat.
- Sprinkle with well-mixed kinako and sugar.
- Put on brown sugar syrup and it's done.