Sweet and sour mikan ponzu goes very well with chicken. It cools your body and soul. Would you like to know how to make it?
Ingredients: (for 3 people)
- Chicken: 500g
- Corn starch: 2 tablespoons
- Long green onion: one
- White radish: 100g grated
- Mikan ponzu: 3 tablespoons
- Japanese green onion: one
What is Mikan Ponzu?
Ponzu is a sweet and sour sauce that is common in Japan, and the main ingredients are (1) soy sauce, (2) vinegar, and (3) yuzu juice.
- Cut the chicken into bite pieces, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and let it blend in.
- Cut the green onions and Japanese green onions.
- Peel the radish and then grate it.
How to make
- Warm the frying pan, then oil and fry the green onions. When it is slightly charred, remove it from the frying pan.
- Sprinkle the chicken with potato starch and cook. When the surface is cooked, add the green onions that were fried earlier.
- After a while, put the grated radish in a frying pan with water. Once the radish is blended with the chicken, add mikan ponzu.
- Cover with the lid, let it be cooked for about 5 minutes, remove the frying pan from the heat, and place the food on a plate.
- Finally, sprinkle the Japanese green onions on top.
If you are interested in the "Mikan Ponzu" used in the recipe video, you can buy it at FUN! JAPAN SELECT SHOP: Mikapon 360ml (Set of 2)
*FUN! JAPAN SELECT SHOP is only available to those living in Singapore at the moment.