Matsuyama Castle is one of the “12 Existing Castle Towers” that still retains the same form as it was when it was first built. It is in Ehime’s prefectural capital Matsuyama city that there are many sightseeing spots to enjoy, such as Dōgo Onsen which is said to be the oldest hot spring in Japan, and Botchan Train that runs through the town.
This time, we will introduce hotels for staying in Matsuyama that we recommend.
Candeo Hotels Matsuyama Okaido
The biggest appeal of Candeo Hotels Matsuyama Okaido is its observatory outdoor bath on the 13th floor, the highest floor. We hope you would enjoy to look down on the beautiful Matsuyama city and feel the extraordinary life in Japan.
These are not the only attractions of the hotel. There are various types of rooms that can be chosen and they have a mixed Japanese and modern design. There is a view of Matsuyama castle from the top floor and you can spend your time leisurely here.
The Japanese & Western breakfast, where you can taste handmade side dishes, is buffet style and you can choose anything you like from the abundant menu. Why not start your day with the fresh and healthy breakfast at Candeo Hotels Matsuyama Okaido?
- Spot name: Candeo Hotels Matsuyama Okaido
- Street Address: 2-5-12 Okaido, Matsuyama, Ehime Prefecture 790-0004
- Access: Matsuyama Station → [Tram (for Dōgo Onsen)] approx. 15 minutes → Get off at Okaido Station (in front of the hotel) ... 1 minute walk
- Wi-Fi: Available
- Language: English, Chinese, Korean
- Credit cards: Accepted
HOTEL MYSTAYS Matsuyama
The features of the HOTEL MYSTAYS Matsuyama, relatively near Matsuyama Castle, are its stylish rooms, focusing mainly on the double and twin rooms.
We recommend the comfort triple castle view room. The maximum accommodation is four people, and from inside you get a sweeping view of the castle. We would like you to stay in this room when you visit Matsuyama with your family or friends. There are also Japanese style rooms, so this is the best choice for those who want to experience a Japanese tatami room
For the breakfast, we recommend the Japanese and western style buffet offered at the restaurant “La TERRAZZA” which uses an abundant amount of local ingredients. You can try food such as Ehime’s famous dish Taimeshi (sea bream and rice) and their local dish Imotaki. You can also try Matsuyama’s original orange juice called “Pon Juice” which is famous in Japan, so we would love you to try it
- Spot name: HOTEL MYSTAYS Matsuyama
- Street Address: 1-10-10 Otemachi, Matsuyama-shi, Ehime 790-1167
- Access: Matsuyama Station ... about 8 minutes on foot
- Wi-Fi: Yes
- Language: English, Chinese (simplified and traditional), Korean
- Credit cards: Credit cards accepted, Alipay, WeChatPay, PayPay are also accepted
MATSUYAMA TOKYU REI HOTEL
The Matsuyama Tokyu REI Hotel is simple and comfortable, boasting guest rooms with excellent functionality.
A maximum of four people can stay in the family room on the top floor of the hotel. You can feel the history of Matsuyama while gazing at Matsuyama castle.
When you stay at Matsuyama Tokyu REI Hotel, you should definitely try the dinner at the hotel too. At the restaurant, you can try the famous local dish “Taimeshi” (sea bream and rice). There are two types of Taimeshi to choose from. One involves cooking the bream with the rice and the other is bream sashimi placed on top of the rice, known as Uwajima style.
The breakfast is a Japanese western style buffet. There is an Ehime corner which has a collection of Ehime’s famous local food. Please enjoy the special products and local dishes from Ehime.
- Spot name: MATSUYAMA TOKYU REI HOTEL
- Street Address: 3-3-1, Ichiban-cho, Matsuyama-shi, Ehime 790-0001
- Access: Matsuyama Station → [Tram] 15 minutes → Okaido Station ... 1 minute walk
- Wi-Fi: Yes
- Language: Japanese only
- Credit cards: Accepted