Everyone knows and loves the Japan Cartoon`s Character: Doraemon.
Most of you might watch The Doraemon`s anime in your childhood.
Do you know the favourite food of Doraemon? Yes! That is Dorayaki.
You don`t have to go to Japan for buying dorayaki, you can make them at home. It is very easy and simple to cook. Let`s try:
- 2 eggs
- 80 g sugar
- Vegetable oil
- 120 g flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 300 g anko (azuki/ red bean paste)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 50 ml water
[How to cook]
- Beat the eggs, add the sugar and mix together with a whisk.
- Mix the [A]
- Combine the flour and baking soda, then shift into the bowl. Keep mixing until the flour is well incorporated. When the batter becomes smooth, cover with the plastic wrap and refrigerate around 30 minutes.
- Place non-stick frying pan over low heat and coat with vegetable oil. Take 1 big spoon of batter, pour into the frying pan.
- When the bubbles begin to appear on the surface and the edges start to set, flip the pancake and cook for 1 more minute.
- Repeat for all the batter.
- Put anko/azuki (red bean) pasta on one side of the pancake, and stick to the other pancake, like making a sandwich.
*You can substitute the anko/ azuki pasta with your favourite jam, Nutella, peanuts butter, etc.