When it's hot and humid we're sure everyone loves something refreshing, right? However, when cooking you'll typically have to use heat which can make it even hotter...
This recipe can be made without heat, not only that, but it's quick and easy as well!
- 3 Cucumbers
- Salted Kombu - 2 Tablespoons
- Sesame Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- White Sesame Seeds - 1 Teaspoon
What is Salted Kombu?
Salted kombu are thin strips of kombu cooked in soy sauce, etc. then dried
- Roughly chop the cucumbers into bite-sized chunks.
＊Make sure to cut the chunks relatively large after washing the cucumber. After washing, thoroughly dry using kitchen paper prior to preparing to help avoid germs.
- Place into a polyester bag and lightly tap with a rolling pin to soften.
＊Through placing into a polyester bag and slightly tapping with a rolling pin, the surface of the cucumber becomes squished allowing for the flavor to seep in much quicker.
- Add salted kombu, sesame oil, and white sesame seeds into the polyester bag.
- Gently rub around and mix in the ingredients using the outside of the bag with your hands.
＊Through shaking and massaging the contents of the bag using your hands, you're able to ensure the cucumber takes on the flavors.
- Plate up
＊After massaging the contents of the bag for around 1 - 2 minutes, once the cucumber becomes shiny, plate up and enjoy!