If you're feeling like trying some gluten-free ramen, here are 5 amazing restaurants to try out. Mix in with the locals and taste some of the local flavors.
Fukunoki can be found in Sapporo, and the owner is an expert in medicinal cooking, creating a soup derived from methods used in medicinal cooking, having special fixations on ensuring the dishes are not only delicious but good for you and also at an affordable price. One of the restaurant's most popular menu items is the "Ebi Jarashi". This is a homemade original product that uses 3 different types of shrimp. The noodles used for these dishes can be changed to gluten-free options that use rice flour.
- Name： Fukunoki
- Access：7-minute walk from Tokyo Metro Tōzai Line "Nishi juitchome Station"
- Address：〒064-0804 Hokkaido, Sapporo, Chuo Ward, Minami 4 Jonishi, 10 Chome, Minami 4 Jyo Yuni House 1F
- Business Hours： Weekday 11:30〜15:00 17:00〜21:00、Weekends & Holidays 11:30〜21:00
- Fee： Ebi Jarashi JPY 980 - Additional fee of JPY 100 will be incurred when ordering gluten-free noodles. （Not food tickets. Credit card use is unavailable.）
Found in the mountains of Shimane Prefecture is a small settlement with a ramen restaurant that sells rice-based and gluten-free ramen with what's called "Miyauchiya Rice Noodles". Here you can eat ramen that doesn't use wheat-based noodles. Rest easy knowing the broth, oils, and toppings also use no wheat.
- Name：Soranoiro NIPPON
- Access： Yaesu Shopping Mall, JR Tokyo Station
- Address：〒100-0005 Tokyo, Chiyoda City, Marunouchi, 1 Chome−9−1 Tokyo Station Ichiban-gai
- Business Hours：9:00〜22:30
- Fee： Gluten-free Salt Ramen JPY 1300（Ticket-system via machine, Credit Card Use Unavailable）
- Homepage : https://soranoiro-vege.com/contactall/
Their famous roasted miso ramen uses over 13 ingredients to create a delicious dish. They also offer gluten-free rice-based noodle ramen.
- Name： SHINBUSAKIYA
- Access： Shibuya Station via various train lines such as Inokashira Line, JR lines, Tōyoko Line, Den-en-Toshi Line, Tokyo-Metro Hanzomon Line, Ginza Line, and the Tokyo-Metro Fukutoshin Line
- Address：2-chōme-10-3 Dōgenzaka, Shibuya City, Tokyo 150-0043
- Business Hours： Tue〜Thu 11:00〜5:00, Fri/Sat 11:00〜7:00, Sun 11:00〜2:00
- Fee： Gluten-free Roasted Miso Rice-based Noodle Ramen JPY 1250 (Ticket-based. Payments using PASMO, SUICA are possible. Credit Card Use Not Available)
Mitsuka Bose Kamoshi Osaka
Mitsuka Bose has 2 restaurants within Osaka and is known for its miso ramen. Kamoshi is located very close to Umeda Sky Building, and with COVID-19, the restaurant was renovated to have a food select shop, bar space, and restaurant. Alongside the various miso-based ramen dishes, there are 5 types of vegan-friendly miso ramen up for choice, with the optional addition of choosing gluten-free noodles.
- Name：Mitsuka Bose Kamoshi Osaka
- Access：5-minute walk from Tōkaidō Line Osaka Station Sakurabashi Entrance, 8-minute walk from Osaka Metro Yotsubashi Line Nishi-Umeda Station, 10-minute walk from JR Tozai Line Kita-Shinchi Station
- Address：1 Chome-2-16 Oyodominami, Kita Ward, Osaka, 531-0075
- Business Hours：Weekday / Sat 11:30〜14:30 18:30〜23:30, Sun / Holidays 11:30〜14:30 17:30〜22:00
- Fee： Vegan Osaka (Gluten-free Noodles) JPY 1480（Not ticket-based. Credit Card & Cashless Payments Available）
The owner of this restaurant is a local and comedian, Netonbo Akami. The restaurant offers gluten-free noodles at an additional price, and are popular with people with wheat allergies and people on diets.
- Name： Hidechan Ramen
- Access：7-minute walk from Fukuoka City Subway-Kuko Line Akasaka Station
- Address：2-chōme-13-11 Kego, Chuo Ward, Fukuoka, 810-0023
- Business Hours：11:30〜14:00（Weekends + Holidays until 14：30） 19:00〜24:00（Day Before Holiday 24:30, Sun/Holidays until 23:30）Closed on Mondays
- Fee： Tonbo Ramen JPY 790 + JPY 150 for gluten-free noodles
- Gluten-free ramen dishes do not have any special names. All dishes are able to be turned into gluten-free ramen.
- Please ensure to order the dishes as "gluten-free" when placing your order.
※Credit card usage unavailable
※Electronic money usage unavailable
※QR code payments through Paypay possible. (Alipay currently under application)