About Virtual Japan Platform（VJP）
VJP is a web application. Participating in virtual experiences in our daily lives provides us with new thrills and new discoveries in our lives, and we continue to create new fans of Japan all over the globe through both on and offline connections. With this, every region of Japan is connected to the world every single day. Due to this, we will be helping to enhance the attractiveness as well as the development of the region, and provide a new simulated experience of Japan in the VJP space that is not affected by time, place, or environment.
① What is a web application?
- What is a web application?
"Web applications" are applications that can be used on a browser, such as free mail services, video sharing services, and Internet calling services. You can use the application if you have a device and an Internet connection, so you can use the service even if you do not have the app installed.
- How are they different from native applications?
A "native app" is an app that is installed and used on the OS via an application store ("App Store" or "Google Play").
- Why was VJP made into a web application and not a native application?
"You can use can use the service on various devices, just by creating an account." "Since there is no limit on information, a variety of contents can be provided." "You can always display the most up to-date information." It is very convenient because the service can be used on a computer as well as a smartphone.
② What devices can be used?
You can use the service on any Windows or Mac device. You can enjoy it according to your specific preferences and situation.
* We plan to implement the service on smartphones in the near future.
③ Recommended environment
- What is the minimum operating environment?
The minimum operating environment refers to the minimum specification requirements which do not cause operation delays when the data load is low.Since the data load can vary depending on the event or world, the number of participants, the performances, etc., please use a device with the highest specifications possible.
This service also communicates with a server. Please use the service with the fastest and most stable network environment possible. Please note that we do not guarantee or support operation outside the recommended specifications.
- Desktop version
CPU: Intel Core™i5 / AMD Ryzen™5 or newer
Memory: 4GB or more
CPU: Intel Core™i5
Memory: 4GB or more
- Microsoft Edge / Google Chrome
* Please use the latest version of the software
- 1920px x 1080px or more
- Usable port numbers areas follows
Port number: 80、443、19090、19091、19092、19093、19094
④ About the VJP Area
- Currently, only Tokyo and Hokkaido are available to visit, do you have any plans to add more places in the future?
We plan to add more, but when they will be added is currently undecided.
- Are the real buildings and tourist spots shown accurate replications?
There is a mix of exact replicas and pseudo spots.
- Is there any other content available to play in the area?
We plan to add new content. However, the timing is currently undecided.
- How long can I stay in the VJP space?
Once you have registered as a member, you can enter the space any time you wish.
However, if irregular maintenance or repairs are being performed, you may not be able to log in for a certain period of time.
- Can I buy Japanese souvenirs inside the VJP space?
An online shopping function is scheduled to be implemented in 2021.
- Are there any spaces that reproduce the streets and tourist spots of Japan?
A number of areas are scheduled to be implemented in 2021.
⑤ About the Avatars
- There are currently only 4 to choose from (as of May 24th, 2021), will more be available in future updates?
More avatar choices are scheduled to be added, but the date has not been finalized.
- Are we able to become friends with other users and use voice chat with them?
Voice chat is scheduled to be implemented in 2021.
⑥ About the Interface Language
What languages are supported?
Currently, English and Japanese are available, but traditional Chinese, Tai, and more Are scheduled to be implemented.
⑦ About Fees
Is there a fee to use the VJP service?
It is largely a free service. In the future, however, we plan to add special paid contents, as well as paid spaces, in addition to the free content.