Matcha, a famous and unique Japanese ingredient. We have introduced various matcha recipes so far in our FUN! JAPAN articles, but Cake and matcha fans will be delighted at this one! Perfect for afternoon tea!
Ingredients for one-pound cake mold 18×8×5cm
- 100cc Heavy Cream
- 200g White Chocolate
- 50g Unsalted Butter
- 3 Beaten Eggs
- 60g Sugar
- 20g Matcha powder
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- Put the heavy cream in a pan and heat it at low heat. Turn off the heat when small bubbles appear around the pan then add the broken-up white chocolate and mix until dissolved, add unsalted butter and mix slowly to dissolve.
- Put the hot water into a bowl and place another bowl over it. Add the beaten egg while filtering, then add sugar and mix until all of the sugar has melted.
※Be careful to only slightly mix, so as to not let in air.
- Put the melted chocolate into another bowl, add the eggs and mix, add the sifted matcha and cornstarch, and mix well.
- Pour the dough into a mold with non-stick baking paper and drop it from a height of about 3 cm 2-3 times to remove the air. Then use a bamboo skewer to eliminate small bubbles.
- Place the mold on the vat and pour hot water about 1 cm from the bottom. Bake in an oven preheated to 170 ° C for 35-40 minutes. After it has cooled down, put into the refrigerator for at least 5 hours.
※If you touch the surface with your finger and the cake is solid with nothing sticking to your finger, the cake is ready to eat!