This year is the 20th anniversary of Digimon Adventure, which probably many of us grew up with. In conjunction with the release of the 20th anniversary commemoration film Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna which premieres on the 21st of February in Japan, a collaboration of Digimon and Sanrio characters has been announced during SANRIO EXPO 2020.
Sanrio Evolution of Digimon
Digimon that have been evolving continuously have reached a special evolution stage of "Sanrio evolution". Digimons will evolve into their new forms which are fusion with Sanrio characters, and they will also have new crests that incorporates Sanrio elements! The list below shows each Digimons' Sanrio evolution.
- Hello Kitty x Agumon
- Pompompurin x Gabumon
- Kuromi x Tailmon
- My Melody x Piyomon
- U*SA*HA*NA x Palmon
- Hangyodon x Gomamon
- Goropikadon x Tentomon
- Cinnamoroll x Patamon
- Kuromi x Tirumon
Watercolor Style Sanrio Design
Moreover, the DigiDestined children and their Digimon partners from Digimon Adventure get 'Sanrio-fied' and will have a natural watercolor-style design.
Limited Time Premium Shop
A premium shop for collaboration goods of Digimon Adventure and Sanrio characters will be opened in Tokyo and Osaka. Merchandise with the 2 designs introduced above will be on sale from the 21st of February onward at the premium and online stores. Get these Digimons in their newly evolved form while stocks last!
- Opening Period: 21 Feb (Fri) - 8 Mar (Sun)
- Store venue: 2nd Floor of Shibuya 109 Abeno Q's Mall
- Address: 1-6-1 Abenosuji, Abeno Ward, Osaka, 545-0052
- Opening hours: 10:00 - 21:00
Tokyo (Akihabara) Venue
- Opening Period: 28 Feb (Fri) - 8 Mar (Sun)
- Store venue: THE AKIHABARA CONTAiNER (Few steps away from Chuo Exit of JR Akihabara Station)
- Address: 1-13 Kanda Sakuma-cho, Chiyoda, Tokyo, 101-0025
- Opening hours: 10:00 - 20:00