Wakayama, with its beautiful sea and coastline, has many hotels where you can enjoy the resort. Visitors will be delighted by the theme parks and sunset spots that take advantage of the topography and climate, as well as the hot springs. Here, we will introduce some hotels where you can enjoy the resort of Wakayama.
A Seaside Resort! The Wakayama Marina City Hotel
Wakayama Marina City Hotel is a hotel where you can enjoy the resort atmosphere and sea view from all the rooms. All 99 rooms are decorated with Italian furniture, with a unique eye to design. On a clear day, you can watch the sunset, the view of which has been selected as one of Japan's top 100 sunsets. The breakfast buffet is also a thing to be proud of. There are about 50 kinds of food, including local specialties such as Kishu Nanko Ume (Japanese apricot) and Haiboshi Sanma.
And don't miss the “tuna cutting show” that is held every morning and uses a fresh tuna that has never been frozen. Compared to frozen tuna, the difference in the sushi cut from this tuna is beyond words. This is a hotel where you can enjoy a resort stay that combines the feel of both Wakayama and the Mediterranean Sea.
- Spot name: Wakayama Marina City Hotel (和歌山マリーナシティホテル)
- Spot address: 1517 Kemi Wakayama-Shi, Wakayama, Japan 641-0014
- Tokyo Station → [Shinkansen Hikari] 3 hours → Shin-Osaka Station → [JR] 1 hour 10 minutes → Kainan station → [Bus] 10 minutes
- Haneda Airport → [Airplane] 1 hour 25 minutes → Kansai International Airport → [Kansai Airport Limousine Bus] 40 minutes → Wakayama → [Bus] 40 minutes
- Wi-Fi: Available in guest rooms, 1F, 2F lobby
- Language: English
- Credit cards: VISA、JCB、American Express、Diner's Club、DC、NICOS、UFJ Card、Master Card、 Saison
Wakayama's Gorgeous Sunset! Hamachidori-no-yu Kaishu
Located on a cape overlooking the sea, Kaishu is a hotel where you can use Shirahama Onsen, one of Japan's three oldest hot springs. From the edge of the cape, you can see the beautiful sunsets of Shirahama, which was selected as one of the 100 best sunsets in Japan. In addition, you can see wonderful views from the hot springs and large public baths, open-air baths, private rental baths, and mixed bathing outdoor baths where men and women can bathe together by wearing “Yuami-gi”, a type of traditional bathing suit.
Above all, the mixed bathing outdoor bath, which is closest to the coast, is the spot where you can enjoy a sense of unity with the sea. On the other hand, if you want to use the hot springs alone in your guest room, we recommend the “separate one-story” and “separate maisonette” cottages, which have open-air baths that flow directly from the source. It is appealing to enjoy the hot springs without worrying about the eyes of others. This is also an inn where they have made sure you can satisfy all your senses, with exquisite dishes made with local seasonal ingredients.
- Spot name: Hamachidori-no-yu Kaishu (浜千鳥の湯 海舟)
- Spot address: 1698-1 Shirahama-cho, Nishimuro-gun, Wakayama 649-2211, Japan
- Tokyo Station → [Shinkansen Hikari] Approx. 3 hours → Shin Osaka Station → [JR Limited Express] Approx. 2 hours 30 minutes → JR Shirahama Station → [free shuttle bus provided by Shirahama Onsen Ryokan Association (4 times a day)] Approx. 45 minutes
- Haneda Airport → [Airplane] approx. 1 hour 25 minutes → Kansai International Airport → [JR] approx. 10 minutes → JR Hineno Station → [JR Express] approx. 2 hours → JR Shirahama Station → [Free shuttle bus of Shirahama Onsen Ryokan Association (4 times a day)] About 45 minutes.
- Wi-Fi: Available
- Language: Only Japanese
- Credit cards: JCB, VISA, Master, AMEX, UC, DC, NICOS, Diners, UFJ, Saison, Debit card
Arrive by a Special Ship! Aoki-shima no Yado Kumano-Bettei Nakanoshima
“Aoki-shima no Yado Kumano-Bettei Nakanoshima” is the only inn on this mysterious island, surrounded by the beautiful sea. All the rooms face the sea and you can sit quietly and look out at the sea from your own room. One of the two guest room buildings, "Nagi-no-sho", which has an open-air bath on the balcony of each room, was newly opened in April 2019.
One of the attractions of this inn is the hot spring that flows directly from the source and provides abundant hot water. It can be used in the public open-air bath, large public bath, and reserved private open-air baths, but we recommend the open-air bath, which has the waves of the ocean coming right next to the bath. The time you spend relaxing in the hot springs, while being healed by the sea breeze and superb view, will become a special memory. With their exceptional hospitality, including cuisine made with carefully selected local ingredients, this inn will make you forget your daily life in every respect.
- Spot name: Aoki-shima no Yado Kumano-Bettei Nakanoshima (碧き島の宿 熊野別邸 中の島)
- Spot address: 1179-9, Katsuura, Nachikatsuuracho, Higashimurogun, Wakayama 649-5334
- Access: Tokyo Station → [Shinkansen Nozomi] approx. 1 hour 45 minutes → Nagoya Station → [JR Express] approx. 3 hours 45 minutes → Kii Katsuura Station → [walk] approx. 6 minutes → Passenger Waiting Area → [ferry] approx. 5 minutes .
- Wi-Fi: Available
- Language: English
- Credit cards: VISA、JCB、American Express、 UC、DC、NICOS、Master Card、デビットカード Debit Card