Personal Information Protection Policies
Please read the following policies prior to providing personal information to FUN! JAPAN (“FUN! JAPAN” or “we” or “us”). Upon your agreement to the terms in this statement, you can benefit from FUN! JAPAN services that utilize your personal information.
1. Purpose of use of personal information
The FUN! JAPAN service will use your personal information for the following purposes (hereinafter referred to as “Purposes of Use”):
(1) Advertising, promotion, and marketing for the FUN! JAPAN service
• Personalization of the contents and advertisement you view based on your usage history of the FUN! JAPAN service's web site, etc.
• Development of new services and enhancement of existing services based on an analysis of your use of the FUN! JAPAN service
(2) Support for your inquiry
• Support for your inquiry concerning the FUN! JAPAN service via email, mail, etc.
(3) Other purposes associated with FUN! JAPAN service
• Usage that is deemed necessary to provide the FUN! JAPAN service in accordance with (1) and (2) above
• Personal information may be used for a purpose not stipulated above for individual services. In such case, a notification will be placed on the web site of the individual service.
2. Acquisition of personal informationWhen providing services, we collect the following information pertaining to our customers. These are examples of personal information, and may not constitute personal information, depending on the specific content of the information.
(1) Information provided by you
• All information that you provide to FUN! JAPAN, including in relation to an inquiry, your name, language and email address.
(2) Information that is mechanically obtained when you access this website
• Information such as the IP address and mobile terminal model identification when your computer accesses the Internet
• Information that is obtained when you access this website, such as the type and version of your browser, operating system and platform, as well as the pages (URLs) you visited, the time and date of your visits, and the products you viewed or searched for
• In addition to the above, information that is automatically collected and stored every time you use the FUN! JAPAN’s services, such as access information obtained by using cookie or web beacon technology
3. Provision and entrustment of personal information
We handle personal information in compliance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan and will not disclose to or share your personal information with third parties without your consent unless required or permitted by law and regulations. However, your personal information may be provided to or handled by a third party to the extent necessary to achieve the Purpose of Use of personal information. In such case, we stipulate in the agreement with such third party that the personal information will be handled and managed in the same manner as under this policy and the identification of such third party and the management by such third parties is verified as appropriate.
(1) The purpose of provision or entrustment are the same as those specified under “1. Purpose of uses of personal information”
(2) Personal data provided is the same as specified in “2. Acquisition of personal information”
(3) The scope of joint users is limited to service providers who require the information in order to carry out their duties.
(4) The means and method of providing and sharing information are the same as systems managed by the FUN! JAPAN service, electronic media such as CD-ROM, and analog media, such as paper.
(5) When you request us to cease to provide and/or share information, please refer to and proceed with “5. Notification, disclosure, correction, addition, deletion of the Purpose of Use of personal information, as well as, suspension of use, elimination, stopping of provision to third parties of personal information”
4. Protection of personal information
We take appropriate and reasonable protective measures from technical and management perspective, to properly manage, and prevent the disclosure, loss, or damage of personal information. We promise to manage and protect the collection, use and provision of personal information strictly within the bounds of legitimate service under the direction of an information security manager appointed in accordance with the personal information protection policies of the management company, Fun Japan Communications Co., LTD.
5. Notification, disclosure, correction, addition, deletion of the Purpose of Use of personal information, as well as, suspension of use, elimination, stopping of provision to third parties of personal information•You may request us to provide you with your personal data for the confirmation, to notify you of the Purpose of Use and to disclose, correct, add, delete or terminate, suspend the provision to any third party, of your personal data through “Contact Us.” on this website
•The procedure of deletion or elimination of your personal data, due to the nature of personal data possessed, may not be effectuated or completed. In such case, FUN! JAPAN will, pursuant to your request to “Contact us” on this website, suspend the use of the services or the provision of the personal data to service providers.
•FUN! JAPAN may keep backup data as a precaution in case of data loss due to computer failure, other force majeure or human error. Due to its nature, you cannot take any procedures to confirm the backup data.
•By using the service, you are deemed to have agreed to the provisions under “5. Notification, disclosure, correction, addition, deletion of the Purpose of Use of personal information, as well as, termination of use, elimination, stopping of provision to third parties of personal information”
6. Personal information of minorsWe, under the FUN! JAPAN’s service, take protective measures to ensure the protection of information relating to minors as carefully as that relating to adults. However, Fun! Japan may require the consent of a legal guardian for the use of FUN! Japan service by users who are identified as minors under the laws of the country or jurisdiction of their residence.
7. Contact regarding personal information
If you have any questions concerning the handling of personal information, please refer to the Help page.
8. Security of this websiteAs a security measure and in order to protect the information from interception, interference or alteration, the FUN! JAPAN service uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology when you enter important information, such as personal information that can be used to identify individuals.