The best Hokkaido Hotel is one you can relax in. Throughout the island, there are many different Hokkaido hotels in which you can kick up your feet, enjoy the view and soak yourself in a great onsen. In this article we’ll look at some of the best places to stay in Hokkaido and some of their features.
The Best Hotel in Hokkaido to Base Yourself In
When looking for the best hotel in Hokkaido, one must look at many different defining factors. Does the hotel have nice rooms? What about facilities? Is the restaurant nice? Does it have an open air onsen overlooking one of the most picturesque lakes in the world? These are all options one must consider when looking for somewhere to stay.
For location, the best hotel to base yourself in to discover all that Hokkaido has to offer is HOTEL MYSTAYS Sapporo Station. For its very affordable price, you’re able to get a great western-style rooms in the heart of Sapporo.
During the winter time, this means you’re only short walk away from the Sapporo Snow Festival in downtown Sapporo, as well as having direct connections to all the major cities on the island from JR Sapporo Station.
- Spot name: HOTEL MYSTAYS Sapporo Station North Exit
- Street address: 15 Nishi 4 Chome, 8-Jo, Kita-ku, Sapporo-shi, Hokkaido 060-0808
- Access: A 2-minute walk from Sapporo Station North Exit
Relax at a Hokkaido Hotel with Private Onsen
After a full day of waking, you might want to stay in a Hokkaido Hotel with private onsen. Luckily, if you’re in the Lake Toya area, the Lake View Toya Nonokaze Resort is the perfect place to relax and indulge yourself.
Some of the more expensive rooms in the resort come with your own private onsen with water from the hot spring basin under the lake. Thanks to the volcanic activity in the area, the water has many healing properties that can clean the skin and soul.
Also, on offer is an open air outside onsen overlooking the lake, which is great during the summer months where you can see the Toyako fireworks from the water.
- Spot name: Lake View Toya Nonokaze Resort
- Street address: 29-1 Toyakoonsen, Toyako-cho, Abuta-gun, Hokkaido 049-5721
- Access: 20 minutes by taxi from Toya Station or Free Shuttle Bus from Sapporo Station
Stay at the Prince Hotel Hokkaido
The Prince Hotel Hokkaido in Sapporo is famous for its luxurious rooms and wonderful views of the city. With guest rooms that overlook the city at affordable prices, you’ll be hard pressed to find a better way to experience Hokkaido than here. The hotel boasts an open-air hot spring bath available to every guest of the hotel, as well as delectable restaurants with seasonal local produce from Hokkaido. Based on the Seibu line of hotels, you know you’ll be getting a great experience at the Prince Hotel Hokkaido.
- Spot name: Sapporo Prince Hotel
- Street address: Nishi 11, Minami 2-jo, Chuo-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060-8615
- Access: A 3-minute walk from Nishi-Juitchome Station Exit 2 on the Tozai Line
Relax at Hotel Mahoroba Hokkaido
Staying at the Hotel Mahoroba Hokkaido in Noboribetsu gives you access to some of the best onsen in Japan. Based on the coast of Hokkaido, near the volcanic region, Noboribetsu is one of the quieter towns with lovely onsen. Hotel Mahoroba has an on-site public hot spring facility on location and has over 30 different baths and spas available for guest’s usage, letting you relax all day.
Thanks to this, some rooms in the hotel feature in room hot springs baths, letting you enjoy the rejuvenating water in private. When you’re done relax, head down to the on-site Karaoke parlor and sing the night away, or at least until you want to get back into the water.
- Spot name: Hotel Mahoroba Noboribetsu
- Street address: 65 Noboribetsuonsencho, Noboribetsu, Hokkaido 059-0551
- Access: A 60-minute drive from New Chitose airport or a 3 minute walk from Noboribetsu Onsen bus stop