Cherry blossoms start to bloom in the Kanto(East) Area of Japan from Mid of February. Various species of cherry blossoms are fully bloom one after another. However, there are some places which you still can enjoy viewing the cherry blossom which are only bloom in Mid-May. There is also a Japanese proverb saying, "Good flowers are blooming later", I believe you would like to enjoy these late blooming cherry blossom until the end of the cherry blossom’s season.
Shinjuku Gyoen is the oasis in this big city, Shinjuku where skyscrapers are rising high. About 65 types of total 1,000 cherry blossoms trees are blooming in full characteristics in this garden, where you are available to enjoy cherry blossom viewing for a long period. In addition, you can view the about 300 Yae-Zakura trees which blooming gorgeously from early April until end April. The access to the garden is convenient as it is just nearby the train station. Besides, it is an important cultural asset, at the same time a rare place in city which allow you to enjoy viewing of various flowers and culture.
- Best viewing period of cherry blossom: mid-February to late April
- Opening Hours: 9:00 ~ 16:30 (Garden Closed at 16:00)
- Fixed Holiday: Monday (If Monday falls on Public Holiday the next day will be replaced as substitute Public Holiday, no off-day from 25th March to 24th April 2018)
- Address: 11, Naito-machi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
- Entrance fee: Adult 200 yen, primary and secondary school student 50 yen, kids are free of charge
Koganei Park is a wide park which extending to 4 cities which are Koganei City, Musashino City, Kodaira City, and Nishitokyo City. About 50 types and total of 1,700 cherry blossom trees are planted in this park. In particular, about 430 cherry blossom trees are gathered in the Sakura Garden, and the gorgeous view could be enjoyed here from end March to end April. It is also selected as 100 ranking of cherry blossoms landscape. Tamagawa Josui which is just beside this garden is also a recommended spot for cherry blossom viewing and walking. Annually, "Koganei Sakura Festival" will be held in early April in this park.
- Best viewing period of cherry blossom: end March to end April
- Address: 1-13-1 Sekino-cho, Koganei-shi, Tokyo
You can enjoy cherry blossoms viewing together with the magnificent scenery of Ashinoko Lake and Mt. Fuji, which is recorded as a National Registration Monument. It is also selected as one of 50 Kanagawa scenic attraction spots. You can enjoy the various types of cherry blossoms, and the latest blooming cherry blossom at here in Hakone.
- Best viewing period of cherry blossom: mid- of April to early May
- Address: 171, Motomachi, Hakone-cho, Ashigarashimo-gun, Kanagawa Prefecture
You can enjoy viewing the cherry blossom in various locations in Chichibu area. For example, you can enjoy a variety of cherry blossom viewing at Nagatoro and Minoyama Park until early May. There are many recommended sceneries which you shouldn’t missed it such as the cherry blossom tunnel connecting from Nagatoro station to Arakawa which is also selected as chosen as "Top Ranking 100 of Cherry Blossom Viewing Spots" and Yae cherry blossom which are growing along the road to double cherry blossoms along the road to Hodosan Shrine. There are a direct trains that departing from city area which only takes you less than 2 hours to arrive. Therefore, it is know as easy access and famous sightseeing attraction spot.
- Best viewing period of cherry blossom: mid of April to early May
- Address: Chichibu city in Saitama Prefecture, Nagatoro city in Chichibu-gun, etc.
Sakura no Sato
Up to 45 types and 5,000 cherry blossom trees are growing around in the wide garden which located at Myogi Mountain that is famous with the unique rocks. The contrast between the cherry blossoms and the strange rock has created the wonderful landscape. It is recommended for you to wear in casual and easy walking since there are several small mountains and valleys in the park.
Sakura no Sato
- Best viewing period of cherry blossom: mid April to early May
- Opening hours: 9:00 ~ 16:30 (flower blooming time 8:30 ~ 17:00)
- Address: 1252, Kamiosaka, Shimonita-cho, Kanra-gun, Gumma Prefecture