It's almost autumn in Japan, the season for mushrooms. Today we'll use a variety of mushrooms to create a delicious snack.
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
8 portobello mushrooms
- 2 eringi mushrooms
- 1 pack maitake mushrooms
- 50g tempura batter mix
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 60ml carbonated water
- rock salt to taste
Clean any dirt from mushrooms※ It's recommended to gently remove dirt from mushrooms by wiping them with a paper towel.
- Remove the hard end of the eringi mushroom, cut them in half, then pull apart into bite-size pieces.
- Remove the hard end of the maitake mushroom and separate into small bunches.
- Add tempura batter mix, parmesan cheese, and basil into bowl. Add carbonated water and stir.
※ Use a whisk to quickly mix the batter ingredients together before frying.
- Prepare oil for frying.
Dip the various mushrooms into the batter and fry (170℃/338°F for approximately 1 minute).
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Sprinkle rock salt over the fritters to taste.
Looks delicious right? This recipe is provided by the leading Japanese cookery school, ABC Cooking Studio.
Please have a go at making it yourself!
ABC Cooking Studio (English Classes)
Click here or scan the QR code to learn more!