Have you ever felt yourself wanting more options for dinner? This quick and easy side dish is perfect for days when you want a little something more.
Ingredients (for 2)
- 3 eggplants
- 2 tablespoons potato starch (katakuriko)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 small cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons mentsuyu (concentrated)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 stalks green onions, finely chopped
- Cut away skin of eggplant and cut lengthwise into circles.
- Coat with potato starch before frying.
- Heat frying pan and add cooking oil.
- Saute garlic on low heat for approximately 1 minute.
- Add eggplant and continue to saute on medium heat for approximately 4 minutes.
- Add mentsuyu and butter until completely mixed.
- Serve on a plate and garnish with green onion to complete the dish.
Looks delicious right? This recipe is provided by the leading Japanese cookery school, ABC Cooking Studio.
Please have a go at making it yourself!
ABC Cooking Studio (English Classes)
Click here or scan the QR code to learn more!