Japan is synonymous with seafood dishes. From sashimi to tempura, there are plenty of delicious dishes to choose from. Japan's culinary techniques when it comes to seafood are second to none. Today we will teach you the traditional Japanese way to filet fish.
- 1 whole horse mackerel
- Clean the horse mackerel and remove the head.
- Place on a cutting board and prepare knife.
- Place the fish down with the spine facing you.
- Cut down the center of the fish,
- parallel to the spine, from head to tail.
- Next, you will cut above the bone
- parallel to the fish's pelvic fin.
- Place the fish with the belly facing you.
- Cut from the tail to the head area.
- The remaining meat is connected to the central bone.
- Cut downward from the tail fin to complete the 3-filet cut.
How was that? This video is provided by leading Japanese cookery school, ABC Cooking Studio.
ABC Cooking Studio (English Classes):
Click here or scan the QR code to learn more!