If you are entertaining at home, your guests will surely be impressed and delighted if you have prepared a homemade cake especially for them. Why don't you try to make a berry and cream cheese wreath tart?
Ingredients (For 1 18cm tart mold)
For the tart case:
- 200g hot cake mix
- 4 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 20g sugar
- A pinch of salt
For the filling*
- 150g cream cheese
- 20g sugar
- 200g fresh cream
- 300g strawberries
- Mint leaves
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Combine sugar with the cream cheese and add fresh cream little by little, mix with an electric hand mixer, leave to stand for 9 minutes, and put in a piping bag.
- Remove leaves from the strawberries cut fruit in half.
Put the tart case ingredients in a plastic bag, mix and knead well, take out once it forms a single ball, and place it on wrapping film or a lightly floured surface.
- Put more wrapping film over the top and roll it out with a rolling pin until it fits the greased tart mold.
- Trim the overhanging edges, center a cake ring or circular cookie cutter (about 10 cm diameter) on the base of the tart case and die-cut it out. Use the circle you cut out to wrap around the the cake ring to a height of about 2 cm. Bake it in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the tart case from the mold, pipe in the cream-cheese mix, and decorate with strawberries and mint leaves.
Looks delicious right? This recipe is provided by the leading Japanese cookery school, ABC Cooking Studio.
Please have a go at making it yourself!
ABC Cooking Studio (English Classes)
Click here or scan the QR code to learn more!